AuthorTopic: [WIP] Renegade  (Read 8695 times)

Offline MtŪ

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Renegade

Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 07:58:33 pm
Cheers, Arachne. I agree that she was starting to look very masculine. And your edit was very helpful!
I changed the arm back again because I too liked it better that way :P

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 08:44:13 pm
waah!  ther'es some SERIOUS funkiness with just about every joint (wrist, elbow, shoulders, hips, knees, ankles) and then there are other issues (no neck, feet are just WEIRD, etc).

a nitpicky detail in light of those is that the shadow cast by the jaw is very strong which keeps a masculine quality about the face (together with the haevy eyebrows and protruding chin)

colors are nice, rendering style will be nice with some polish.

I made an edit, but it's so less-than-what-i-meant ill just link rather than display directly.

http://xs121.xs.to/xs121/07481/Hm.jpg
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 09:43:24 pm by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline infinity+1

• the real deal
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 26, 2007, 10:04:59 pm
adarias, while you're drawing certainly looks more comfortable, it looks a little bit like it's ready to fall over.

Offline Vertigo-zero

• http://boomers.onninet.com
    • View Profile
    • Boomers

Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 03:39:22 pm
Uhm I havent read the posts on here, but why the hell did you redo it? Your first version is much better :O mayb because of its style...

Offline MtŪ

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: December 09, 2007, 06:58:11 pm
Thank you Adarias, I can see your point. To be honest, my last update makes me laugh since I can see most of my problems now :P Thank you for taking your time with that edit!

Vertigo-zero: I agree thet it looks better, but then again I agree to Helm. Anime is the plague and I will never touch it again. ;P

I'm still working on it, it's just that I've been busy with other things for awhile - which is  the reason for my late update. Anyway here it is:

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 08:52:12 pm
Hello. GREAT anatomical progress. The shadow in the lower right (ours) arm makes no sense, the curve of the arm wouldn't create darkness there.

Also the legs, especially the far one are far too muscular, but that's something that one leaves up to taste.

The cutoff section of the shorts. It curves in a way that is not clearly supported by the perspective of the image. It should round slightly towards the other way.

Holler if you need edit.

Offline Jacky-Boy

• Roman Candle
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 02:22:13 am
Hey man :) you've made some wicked progress. I've done a quick edit to show you what I would do to improve it, I hope it helps. I got a bit carried away with the head :P

I basically just tried to balance the character out a bit more, I lengthened the right (our right) arm, I got rid of alot of the muscle definition on the legs, and slimmed the thighs down a tad.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 02:29:09 am by Jacky-Boy »
TAKE A KEY FOR COMING IN!

ConceptArt Sketchbook

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 02:47:41 am
you've not really made any vital changes, it just seems like you've transformed it into your own character Jacky-Boy.. There wasn't anything wrong with the balance, MtŪ's pose is much more interesting imo, those changes just aren't necissery.  :-\ You've also lost too much definition in the legs, her knees have vanished and all in all she looks less human.

edit - oh don't feel im getting at you Jacky  :-[ Edits are always helpful to suggest possible alterations in any form, I actually like the head facing left, plus I do think the highlights on her chest could be toned down a bit. I think the leg to our right is fine, its just the one behind that looks a tad too muscluar. The long hair of you're edit could work nicely, but it strays too far from MtŪ's character.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 03:26:43 am by Terley »
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Jacky-Boy

• Roman Candle
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 03:01:38 am
Yeah sorry, I did get a bit lost in the edit  ??? , hence the weird revamped face. I hope MtR can still get something out of it. The basic point I was trying to make, was that the muscley legs, and short right arm aren't quite working anatomically IMO. Please feel free to ignore the edit
TAKE A KEY FOR COMING IN!

ConceptArt Sketchbook