AuthorTopic: Giant Robot Transformation  (Read 3443 times)

Offline Jakten

• The Bionic Vapor Boy
    • View Profile
    • Levitating Rocksquatch

Giant Robot Transformation

on: November 21, 2007, 11:02:42 pm
Something ive been working on, it's still not done I want to add another pose and add more shading on the robot.
trying to get the snappy kind of animation used in anime and such.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Re: Giant Robot Transformation

Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 11:27:40 pm
An issue is that the girl is front on but the robot is a little bit top down. The perspective changes. Another issue is the hair on the robot. Could you make it less like hair and just
yellow paint on metal? Maybe have it so that when her arms are forward, then she changes, and the robot has its arms forward too, and then rest by side.

Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 07:55:27 pm
really it's just a small inaignificant thing, but it appears that you have some random qhite piexels on the frame with the girl with her arm raised.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 10:16:15 pm
im sensing some pillowshading here and there, also the animation is kinda choppy, I think it'd be worth adding more inbetweens. You say anime is choppy, I wouldn't say thats an aspect to adhere to. I think more than anything characters move from one significant pose to another and another etc. How you go about it can be as easy as filling in the gaps..

I think you should concentrate on the human form and the robot form side by side to match up the styling, perspective and maintain the detailing. Because I had something else pictured in my mind other your interpretation. It's been built well but something just seems missing.  :-X
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 10:41:35 pm
Something ive been working on, it's still not done I want to add another pose and add more shading on the robot.
trying to get the snappy kind of animation used in anime and such.

Umm, the choppiness in anime is a cute thing, but the scenes where they ACTUALLY have a high frame count tends to be this kind of scene where the character mostly just turns into a blob of light and transforms.

Also, these exact animations (transformation ones) tend to be recycled and reused as stock animation, because of that they're often very well-done with a high frame count, since the time/money that is spent on these exact frames can then be divided into the times they're used. That's why the companies can afford them to be totally flashy and smooth.

:]
' _ '