AuthorTopic: AA help  (Read 12396 times)

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Re: AA help

Reply #20 on: November 25, 2007, 02:22:22 pm

quick edit, pretty similar to BG's edit, but a bit more extreme I guess. If the sprite is used on bright background, or on a small display like the psp ones, you might not want to go that dark with the blue tones to be able to make details more readable but otherwise I think these saturated dark blue tones work pretty well with this sprite.

Offline brigadon

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 01:27:15 am
Think the unsaturated or hypersaturated would work better for a DS?

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 08:25:33 pm
Eh, not very hypersaturated but with good contrast? I think?

The DS has a backlight so too saturated colors will not be needed.

Anyways, I thought I'd make an edit for the heck of it. Trying to bring it to a semi-top-perspective instead of straight-on-forward.

I've upped about all colours I think, but the 16 colour count is intact and unchanged.

It seems that I accidentally worked from BG:s edit so sorry for that.

Anyways, the first one is BG:s (I should've used yours, my mistake), the second one is me trying to fix the straight lines breaking perspective.

The third one is my take on the character, I didn't really intend to go this far with it, since i...

made the fourth one first as an example of how I'd construct his body before adding stuff onto it, so that I'd have a grasp of the perspective, etc. before starting with the details. (also, an accent of contraposto is never bad)

Then I couldn't help myself and just started adding stuff. It's not very polished though D:>

The small red lines are simply how one should think when translating cylindrical shapes to a perspective viewed a bit from the top. And his whole body is mainly made up of cylinders so thinking with cylinders is good (:

Anyways, good luck.
' _ '