AuthorTopic: Night sky  (Read 11172 times)

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Re: Night sky

Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 02:39:27 pm
regardless of that, your colours were better because the moon does not look that yellow :P

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #21 on: November 21, 2007, 03:18:35 pm

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: November 21, 2007, 03:23:23 pm
So then why did you have to google on yellow moon and not just moon; if I google on moon I get actual pictores of the moon; yellow moon could refer to a modifier on the actual object/image. Regardless of that, it may look good, or at least a bit warmer regarding the actual 'theme' of this image. This really cold moon would more fit in a dark/threathening scene.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #23 on: November 21, 2007, 03:27:13 pm
The colour of the moon of course depends on whether you look at it from space, through the vacuum of space, when it appears less grey and less saturated than seen through the atmosphere. The closer it is to the horizon, the thicker layer of atmosphere the light will have to travel before reaching the eye. The closer it is to the horizon, the yellower it appears.

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #24 on: November 21, 2007, 03:54:47 pm
JJ Naas is right.  The sun's rays move more to the red end of the spectrum when it is closer to the horizon...the same happens with the moon.  I've been on a plane and seen a moonrise before--it was practically blood-red, it was cool.

Which reminds me: technically, in Dragen's picture, it shouldn't appear to be the middle of the night.  It should appear to be just after sunset.  That's because in the picture, there's a full moon that has just risen.  Full moons always appear directly opposite the sun, so that means that the sun should have just set.

[end astronomy rant]

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 06:11:41 pm
Yeh, you can always go in depth about this :P
Actually I should've known because I had enough physics to clearly know how light works (and why dusk sometimes appears pink xD)
Thank you for refreshing my mind on this =) Who knows what it might do to scenes that have yet to be made up and drawn.