AuthorTopic: Rael; The Redemption  (Read 2731 times)

rmedtx

Rael; The Redemption

on: November 23, 2005, 07:23:14 pm
First of all, Hello everybody,
I'm new to the site.
I want to show you some of the sprites I have made for my video game project. Here are 2 of them:

Rael

Demonikka

Any feedback?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 07:37:55 pm by rmedtx »

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Re: Rael; The Redemption

Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 08:29:33 pm
Looking good so far, you're planning on animating them, right? I'm guessing this'll be a sidescroller.

There is something that bothers me about the girl's top. I think it's outlined too harshly, especially on the straps and top edges, making it look pillow-shaded. Anatomy on both looks quite good. The girl's hair could also use a bit more volume, I would try darkening the lowest parts and making the highlight colors a bit less spread around. The wings on the guy are very nice, excellent texturing there. You might want to experiment with some hue shifting in the skin to get some interesting effects, but that's really a personal preference.

rmedtx

Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 09:11:59 pm
Thanks for the feedback Pawige,
I will try that on Demonikka's hair. I hope I still have some color I can use. I'm using a 128 color palette for all the graphics in the game.
Oh, and yes is a sidescroller game.

here is an animation of Rael attacking:

The final attack is going to be a little different. I just haven't had the time to do it.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 11:22:31 pm
The punch lacks power. A punch like that isn't even going to hurt you. Try reversing the last three frames of the animation (slower in coming back, full stretched immediately)