AuthorTopic: Invasion Frenzy Mockup  (Read 2955 times)

Offline JAS

• View Profile
    • Sin_Thesis Entertainment

Invasion Frenzy Mockup

on: November 15, 2007, 07:53:09 am
This is a practice mockup following the rules laid out in the Invasion Frenzy.

Criticism is always welcome, in fact, encouraged.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Re: Invasion Frenzy Mockup

Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 08:29:33 am
looks nice but i dislike the yellow outline for the guy. The outline for the monster works becuase it makes it look radioactive. If the yellow lines are just painted on, then dont think
the way you shaded it is appropriate (looks bevelled). Couldn't u make the bullet have a white highlight to make it look metallic.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 03:13:07 am
Nicely done, the dithering could have been a bit neater, but the lines are quite solid. By the way, I love your website layout, the originality behind the menu was really cool.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline JAS

• View Profile
    • Sin_Thesis Entertainment

Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 03:42:21 am
Sharprm: The yellow outline is not white because it wasn't in the palette provided.  I would have used white otherwise. :)  The same thing for the gun as well.

Malor: Thanks for the compliments and checking out the site!

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 04:21:10 am
White or yellow - i think the outline on the guy is unecessary. Pretty sure there is white in the pallete.

The comment about the road lines - just use one yellow color to make it look flat.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi