AuthorTopic: image joiner  (Read 3967 times)

Offline Merick

• View Profile

image joiner

on: November 14, 2007, 02:15:13 am
Anyone know of a good freeware image joiner that can take a bunch  of seperate image files and join them into a single file for use as a tilesheet? I've tried doing some searches with google and ask.com, but none of the results have been of any help.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Re: image joiner

Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 05:15:46 am
Any basic graphic editing program, Ctrl+C, and Ctrl+V ?
Pretty simple, just make a huge canvas, bigger then you probably need, and copy paste them close enough that there's not a border between them?
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 09:50:30 am
This guy once asked me to do that for a tonne of animated sprites. I didn't do it becuase it would be friggin tedious. Interested to know if there is a program that can do that,
take an animated gif and convert it into a sprite sheet.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 11:36:10 am
gif movie gear etc can save as filmstrip (with adjustable dimensions) once you've pasted in order.  it's not a huge step up from copy-paste, but it saves you layout headaches

IDraw3 you will also need to copy-paste, but the unit grid function (activated by holding ctrl or by setting up in options) is a pixel-perfect method of alignment (as opposed to photoshop's neither-here-nor-there grid system)
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 05:04:10 pm
This guy once asked me to do that for a tonne of animated sprites. I didn't do it becuase it would be friggin tedious. Interested to know if there is a program that can do that,
take an animated gif and convert it into a sprite sheet.

d'yer not use promotion sharp?? Another one of those "wouldn't it be good if" features it has...
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 09:38:06 pm
Don't have promotion because I'm so cheap. Ill keep those programs in mind if i need to do strips again. Thanks for the answer.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Merick

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 11:12:13 pm
I actually did start with the cut & paste method, but that got old real fast and I've got over 200 images that I want to put together into a set of tilesheets

*edit*

I just found an easy way to do this. It's actually two programs that you can get from this page: http://www.edgelib.com/index.php?node=download

First is the "Animation Strip Maker", which can take a bunch of files and join them into a strip. Then by running the result from that through the "Tile Scanner" program, it can take the strip image and turn it into a square tilesheet
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 02:50:00 am by Merick »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 11:11:57 am
Promotion can do this very easily and fast, but it costs a bit.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.