AuthorTopic: some bunny type, thing.......  (Read 2814 times)

Offline Dokozai

• View Profile

some bunny type, thing.......

on: November 11, 2007, 04:00:09 am
well I got bored and decided to make a bunny looking thing! any constructive critisism would be nice.
 :)

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Re: some bunny type, thing.......

Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 09:00:50 am
Really simple but i like the lineart. You should remove the purple outline though. Why not make it into a platformer mock up?
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline sam-uk

• lol, internet.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 09:08:14 am
I took this onboard because I liked it. clean up the lines -> shade according to light source (if any) -> add minor detail such as facial expressions -> result

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 09:26:29 am
I really don't get why one would add a gradient to an edit.

@Dokzai: Your palette needs more contrast. The two brightest skintones are in my opinion too close to each other. That's also a reason why your AA looks so jaggy, because its gamma is so low. Also I don't think the hue-shift to a blue-ish brightest tone works, as normally one would hue shift to a warmer brightest tone, since in most natural situations the light source isn't neutral white or even colder than neutral white, but warmer.