AuthorTopic: [WIP] Farmer - UPDATED  (Read 4485 times)

Offline Generic

• View Profile

[WIP] Farmer - UPDATED

on: November 09, 2007, 12:40:49 pm
This is my latest piece I've started on. It's my first go at pixeling an actual person at this scale. Right now it's very rough, but what I'm hoping to get some help on is the anatomy since I am far from perfect at it. At the moment his arms look like rubber and I tried hard to make the hands look good but this is all I could come up with. So here it is. Feel free to throw out your comments bad or good. Thanks in advance : ).

« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 08:25:26 am by Generic »

Offline lollige

• MrLollige
    • View Profile
    • MrLollige blog

Re: [WIP] Farmer

Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 09:57:53 pm
More contrast between the 3 brightest skin tones could be usefull I think :)

Offline Generic

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 03:38:28 am
Thanks for the suggestion. I added more contrast before the skin tones and started coloring the pants.

Edit: I've updated it a bit more. I decided to make the pants into shorts and I've also redone the shoes.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 08:24:12 am by Generic »

Offline lollige

• MrLollige
    • View Profile
    • MrLollige blog

Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 09:53:07 am
I have made an edit to show you what you could possibly have done...
Compare them, and try it yourself if you like :D

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Farmer - UPDATED

Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 11:29:37 am
The hands are a bit big. Also the arms aren't right imo. They should go outwards first then inwards. Try doing the position he has, its uncomfortable. Also, need to make sure the
arm is broken into two sections at the elbow. Right now it doesn't look like an arm with any bones in it.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline sam-uk

• lol, internet.
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 11:49:31 am
I'm far from being the master of anatomy myself but I did decide to play around with your piece just for fun. I can't really explain the method behind the result but if you zoom in prehaps you'll learn something as I did while playing with this piece. :lol:. Any comments on where I went wrong are welcome

Offline Generic

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 08:37:37 pm
Thanks for all of the suggestions and comments everyone. I took what everyone said into consideration and edited it once again. I decided to change the arms around after reading what sharprm said. I think they look better but I still don't think I did them correctly.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 08:48:49 pm by Generic »

Offline sam-uk

• lol, internet.
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 08:54:09 pm
Everything but your characters head is facing to the front. Usually when facing frontwards your arms are placed by your sides and palms resting on your legs. Only the thumb and the bottom part of the fingers can be seen. The guys hands are still too large. Zoom into my edit and pick apart the arm positioning.  :D

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 03:31:50 am
The pectoral muscles are too small, move the bottom of them down a few pixels. The hands are too small now. Make the fingers longer. Make a wrists too. Get a reference of someone standing without a shirt, itll be useful.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi