AuthorTopic: [WIP] Isometric Character Walk (7f)  (Read 3222 times)

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

[WIP] Isometric Character Walk (7f)

on: November 08, 2007, 06:55:38 pm
Hey I am animating this character and I am looking for all help, and cc, (are welcome)
I know the plattform is moving a bit too fast but thats not what I am trying to get help with here :P So try to ignore it  :P

---
And this is both in one (just to show)

Thanx  :crazy:, Senad (BJ)
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

R.I.P Tose Proeski ~Senad

Offline Kon

• I am a Pixel
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Isometric Character Walk (7f)

Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 06:57:41 pm
The head doesn't fit the body at all. The feets are funny and the walk doesn't look like an isometric walk.
But the sprite is still quite good ^^

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 07:03:48 pm
This is what happens when an animatior fears redrawing frames. This copy-pasting thing doesn't work in most animations, and it certainly won't work in isometric. You need to redraw every frame for the legs. Check out Adarias' recent iso walkcycle and the critique that followed to help yourself.

Offline Ryan Cordel

• Hi! I'm Daisy!
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 07:33:42 pm
Unfortunately, one of the main problem that plagues this piece is how the character seems to face more towards the camera, but still is walking down in a mostly standard isometric fashion. You ought to make him face more in the general direction of the tiles, not towards the camera, or else it won't fit the piece at all.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 08:18:33 pm
heh, i actually asked him on pixeljoint to bring it over this way for the exact same reason (all the great feedback i got and should be putting to use instead of posting)

there's some joggies about the shoulders where the spacing doesn't continue in a logical manner.  When it comes to spacing, you should be able to describe (or come close to describing) the acceleration/deceleration/velocity with very simple functions/sequences (A=a1 + x(n) is the most basic).  Yours is jumping a little sporadically, quick for a while then suddenly fast, like a heartbeat monitor.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.