AuthorTopic: Idea!  (Read 13409 times)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Idea!

Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 03:18:51 am
yep, just write down everything there is to know, so that a person that hasn't read this thread knows exactly what it's about...

Offline TKSkater

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 03:22:46 am
Okay and this is a community project for this new forum or where do I post it?

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #12 on: November 24, 2005, 03:51:40 am
Your best bet would be to send it to Peppy or a current Daijin.  Even daihyos, or any other member of forum goverment.
Get as many details and ideas down as possible; people will listen to you more when you know what your talking about.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline TKSkater

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 25, 2005, 02:08:49 am
Well since no daijin is responding Ill post it up here. Here it is,

I have this idea. I want to create a place, a message board, where kids and adults alike can hang out, chat about anything, play games and generally have fun. Then another idea came to mind. What if I added another element to the message board, kind of an RPG thing? It hit me! Have pixelized alter-egos for players! They would be able to deck them out with clothing, accesories, get rides and things with money earned (post count divided by 2 every week? Not official yet...).

I need a staff of maybe 5 people to start? People who are willing to create the clothes, items etc. Also to work with the message board. Im thinking about having around...100 different objects to start. Just so everyones character will be different from one another. Or if we need more then we will make more, enough to do what is required so we dont have any 2 characters looking the same. Updates of objects will happen every so often, special holiday sets will be released and other such things. Maybe contests or events.

One last thing, maybe this alter-ego thing could tie into something else? Some kind of game? Im not sure on this one im just thinking of possibilitys

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: November 26, 2005, 01:54:44 am
This sounds a lot like "The Sims: Online"

Offline TKSkater

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: November 26, 2005, 02:19:43 am
Its not a virtual game! Ive already said that >.< Its a message board with pixelized alter-egos. I just thought it'd be fun.

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #16 on: November 26, 2005, 03:18:44 am
Sounds a lot like those lesbian forums my friend goes too...
BTW It would be rather fun yet I think it would be better to start off small.  Perhaps you, the other Daijin and I could cook something up and send it out as a challenge to make your own Alter-Ego.  I doubt we will be able to get it out before December so if not I'll try and put in a good word with the new ones if they haven't seen this of course.  Yet lets think of it in the good light, if we work hard all is possible.  So perhaps we can get this out if you would like…
Player-> message_intercepted: code_failure: You walk into… a party… all others can touch this with both their hands but you can only touch it with your… right but not your left.  What is this… error_corrected :reverting <-Player
I would love to do this; I’ve always wanted to draw one but never had the drive… Now I could.  So if this were what you would like, well then all I can say is hot dog.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline TKSkater

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 04:24:24 am
Yay someone likes the idea. So we would do this challenge of make your own alter-ego except use a set...outline thingy. What would that tie into? Having the people post their clothes along with? Just want to clarify this. No worries of getting it out before December, it will be better if we take time with it. I would like to get it out sometime though.

I dont get that end thing with player and ssh...tuff. Mind to explain?  :P

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #18 on: November 26, 2005, 07:41:27 pm
Huh?
What we could do is set a template sort of like that chibbi thing and for the challenge people could either make clothes or a head or a whole doll.  Clothes that people make would be free game but only hair styles on the heads would be free game. 
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline TKSkater

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: November 26, 2005, 11:56:33 pm
Player-> message_intercepted: code_failure: You walk into… a party… all others can touch this with both their hands but you can only touch it with your… right but not your left.  What is this… error_corrected :reverting <-Player
I would love to do this; I’ve always wanted to draw one but never had the drive… Now I could.  So if this were what you would like, well then all I can say is hot dog.

What does that mean lol.

I get what your saying, we'll take clothes and hair the people make, right?