AuthorTopic: Idea!  (Read 13408 times)

Offline TKSkater

• View Profile

Idea!

on: November 23, 2005, 04:48:01 am
I have this idea. I want to create this message board where kids, adults whoever can get together and hang out, chat, play games and have fun. I think it could be quite popular if I added some features. Like some kind of game into it, I was thinking of something where theres stores you can buy things for your pixelized alter-ego. Or some kind of RPG or something. Any ideas?

Offline Hase

• Zombies. Stuff.
    • View Profile

Re: Idea!

Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 11:56:57 am
habbo hotel?

Offline TKSkater

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 03:38:03 pm
No not a virtual chat, just like a message board with pixelized alter egos. I just need to make it more exciting.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 04:17:16 pm
This already exists, you have to look around and it's easy to download (and install if you know php)

I know that for vBulletin boards it was called "Lesane store hack" or something like that, it would add a store to your message board...

Try looking for "store hack" or "store mod" for PHPbb or SMF or whatever forum you're going to use. I wrote one of those stores myself at one point for a friend of mine...

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 05:56:25 pm
I kinda get what you're saying, maybe you should design a concept document and submit it to the challenge in challenges and activities, and we can make it happen!
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline TKSkater

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 11:17:31 pm
Ooh that would be neat Dog. As well as the store.

What exactly is a concept document, cuz if it can help get this up Ill do it!  :D

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 11:22:53 pm
Yeah, perhaps we could even try to make something like this happen on this very forum. After the voting some Daijin might pick up on it (vote for me!).

Offline TKSkater

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 01:14:47 am
What do you mean on this forum? Haha cuz I wanted a forum based specifically on it if you get my rift? Anyways whats a concept document.

Anyway to clearify my idea, you could choose a male or female character. Earning 'money' (somehow) you would be able to purchase, clothes, items, cars etc for your pixelized alter ego. Maybe special holiday items for holidays and such. I  think it would actually be really fun.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 03:03:44 am
A concept document is a document where you write down everything that needs to be done to make the project work. That includes the number of people needed, the different stuff that's needed, how it's going to work, etc...

Offline TKSkater

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 03:09:22 am
So example of what mine would feature...? I need __ many people. We need this much clothing/accesories/cars stuff ___. Its going to work like so ____. Except in more detail?