AuthorTopic: ff vincent(warning HUGE image)  (Read 12718 times)

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

ff vincent(warning HUGE image)

on: November 23, 2005, 02:11:57 am
ima post it as a wip this time, so my random dithering and madman colorchoice wont be called a reduced cg
i dont know if ill ever finish it soon, but im going to try. if you have crits post them now while im not to fed up with it  ;D

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: ff vincent(warning HUGE image)

Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 02:14:01 am
no worries, this is pixel art methodology. I don't know what the point is at this size, but good luck finishing it.

EDIT: to be fair, when you cleaned this up from lineart, there were some artifacts left, but hey, lineart isn't cheating. colour-reducing CG work is :P

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 02:21:20 am
I can't wait to see this completed, looks good.

ah helm....

As for cheating, no such thing in the land of professional design, whatever gets the job done and gets the desired product on the desired platform is how I see it. I say if you know tricks to get high detail stuff done in 10x less time then you are truly a professional. Time is money.

Speaking from a "purist" standpoint of course what I just said is blasphemy, but I was never a purist, I haven't been able to draw very well since I was a teen.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 02:22:31 am
oh there was basically no lineart cleaning at all, just put it in gg and 2 color depth. oh and you could talk to indigo, he says to take another look at the other pixel art ive done.the purpose of the size is... well, ive gone crazy

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 02:31:56 am
what other pixel art?

what could be construed as artifacts is that next to black, you're buffering into your deep bluish gray shades THROUGH A RETINA BURNING RED. Which isn't a good choice, artistically, pixel-art wise or whatever.

As for cheating, no such thing in the land of professional design, whatever gets the job done and gets the desired product on the desired platform is how I see it. I say if you know tricks to get high detail stuff done in 10x less time then you are truly a professional. Time is money.

Sure, I agree. Being 'pro' equals getting the job done, in time, with high quality. But a 'pro' pixel artist in my book isn't just one who gets paid. It's one who knows all the pixel art techniques and uses them to the advantage of his artwork. I don't think this is professional design though, this is ryumaru making a crazy large pixel art portrait :P there are no 'rules' to having fun, either, I agree, but this board doesn't have much to tell to people who take shortcuts for props and faux-respect like colour-reducing CG pieces to 'LOL FOOL US'. Not saying this piece is such, I don't think it is. Seriously, I eagerly await to see the progress on this.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 02:36:43 am
the other pixel art, as in the one of the topic you locked. and those shades arent burning your retinas because of their color, its the colors nearthem that make it do that. i kinda like it like that. it makes things "pop out" at you. and if your eagerly awaiting the progress on this you might be a bit dissapointed im lazyier than rip van winkle. plus im working on some other things(deff. not as big tho)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 03:16:53 am
Sorry, stand by my call on the other piece. Let's not dwell. Unless you feel wronged, in which case, take it up with Peppermint.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 03:28:02 am
well, i do feel wronged, but its not that big of a deal, things go by. anyways, if more people comment ill show some more recent works of mine, one of which i really would like some help with

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 03:55:53 am
Okay, this IS pixel art, but I still believe it's colour reduced CG, sorry. Nothing personal or anything, but I don't believe you do this pixel by pixel...

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 04:01:03 am
heh, i prepared for this. if you seriously have no dought in your mind that its a reduced cg i can show you most of the steps i took along with writings about when i did it. would you like to see?