AuthorTopic: Where to now?  (Read 3857 times)

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Where to now?

on: October 27, 2007, 10:39:53 am
I ran outta juice when i was working on this. i've tried nothing and i'm all outta ideas.

C&C would be most grand.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline zyndikate

• View Profile

Re: Where to now?

Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 11:25:31 am
Ok, Im no pixel expert, but some suggestions _I_ would try.
The three, I think, would feel god if he got drager forward a little. Unless its a part of the background.
It doesnt seem to be at the same plane/level as the grass, but uts just a little.. (I think)

Things I would try to do this with is either saturate it a little or desaturate the grass.
You could also try to make it brighter highlights.

Maybe change the background color a little to make the character to read better.

Things I like with platformers are whats under the grass, think its as it would be in glass and you will see everything.
I think it adds variation to it..

Just mu suggestions. :)

Oh btw! the three looks awesome, nice colors and organic shape, maybe a little work on the leafs could be cool.

EDIT: hope you dont mind, I made a little edit with maybe some suggestions.

What I did: Lowered the saturation of grass - slided the characters color alittle against green - Added redish background which work basicly complementary color to blue-green, should make them read. You could even make it darker and the character(who is pretty bright) read Imo... Also tried some lame AA on the three, sorry :)
Maybe something inspired you.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 03:53:38 pm by zyndikate »

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 02:08:46 am
I decided to go your way zyndikate.

I've also changed the characters arms a little because it wasn't making sense. The tree is ready for some new leaves too. And i've started on a background.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline zyndikate

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 02:55:35 am
Hey! that looks really nice IMO.. But I still think you can make the character pop out more, maybe darken or lighten him or the backgrounds, or let him have alittle more contrast in his palette. Or adding another layer in the back, like the pyramid thingy behind his side.. Ofcourse just my opinion..

clouds starting to look good. Maybe they can reach to the other side, try.

An quick example..

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 01:06:21 pm
I'd like to see a bit more definition to the tree. I'd like to see some more leaves.

Something like so perhaps?

And I must say that trunk is absolutley brilliant.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 11:09:13 am by Opacus »

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 02, 2007, 11:18:33 pm
Got some leaves. Gonna redo the grass me thinks. Thanks for the edits dudes. this is going real slow cause i don't have much free time.
thanks Dogmeat!