AuthorTopic: "tibia" spr  (Read 6167 times)

Offline Timpa

• View Profile

"tibia" spr

on: November 01, 2007, 02:52:42 am
long time reader first time poster... ;D
I have during quite some time been drawing alternative sprites for the game Tibia...
about a year ago or something i joined the project www.phobosonline.com been there for a while now and i always considered myself a really good pixel artist... until i saw this place
You guys here are amazing.. ohh. enough about me envy.. this is what i have to show.

Offline Rargh!

• View Profile

Re: "tibia" spr

Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 09:55:32 am

Hey Timpa:

Welcome.

I have to say I really dig your body armour and the sword best.  :y:

Not being one of the amazing people, I don't know enough to critique you properly  :P but I think the tip of the sword suffers a little. I think the problem is what the guys here call selout. Knobby bit at the end of the handle/hilt(?) as well. The arrow's nice but really loses definition in the feathers. I like the helmet on the left, too.

:y:

Offline Redshrike

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 03:38:06 am
Good to see you here LoreA (or Gara or whatever you wish to be called).  I can't really give you more than moral support from the sidelines, but I look forward to seeing what people have to say about your stuff.  I'm sure I use way too many colors on my things, but your lower colorcount style might be more up this collective alley.

Offline Ari

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 06:37:11 pm
Hehe, I was a long time Tibia fan myself. I played it since about 2001. Quit last summer though finally. I don't like where the game has been going. I originally got into the graphics aspect of the game at around 2003. That's what got me hooked on pixel work in the first place.

I spent a lot of time on WoT admiring the pixel artists there, and all of their work, as well as making several spr files from it. I never really went anywhere with my own art however. I guess these days I just lack the time required to do any real learning.

I think the sword looks rather cool, same with the helmet and armor. Mind sharing what each is for? Or are they brand new items?
I see
Said the blind man
To his deff dog
In the corner of the round room.

Offline Timpa

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 08:48:15 am
their brand new items since i work on a separate project now trying to create a game=)

Offline sam-uk

• lol, internet.
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 11:56:24 am
nice stuff. I think you could do without the black outlining though

Offline Timpa

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 01:41:14 pm
That would mean changing over 100's of our existing gfx already done.... that is not anything anyone in our team want to doo xD

Heres 2 new peices

Offline Kekskiller

• View Profile
    • Tricorne Imperium

Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 04:57:20 pm
good work, i would love to play a game using this graphics :) .
the only thing i would suggest is the to give the right helmets some more colors. they look like a swamp of stone & metall -> increasing contrast would also help a lot.

Offline Timpa

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 05:36:11 pm
tbh the helmet wasn't a serious attempt at a helmet sometimes when i draw i just draw some lines and i get the feeling of making them into smt... this was it=)