Critique > Pixel Art

Samus Sprite Feedback

<< < (2/2)

Jmrhdb:
Hey thanks everyone for the reply's! :)

Everyone is saying its pillow shading which is funny because I had just watch a video about shading sprites, before shading it, and they mentioned pillow shading as something different from what I did.
I also seen a sprite of Samus in Pinterest and it was sort of shaded like how I shaded my drawing, thats where I had the idea to shade it that way.

Anyway ill re-shade it again later today when I have time.

Thanks for the help!

Jmrhdb:

--- Quote from: tecnologgamer on September 20, 2020, 09:00:16 pm ---Have a good light source define and work with the shape to create apropriate shape with the object you are shading on.

Like I said before, nice work, good proportions and pose, an example for me. U doing great, keep it.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the example ill definitely keep it in mind when I try to reshade the sprite later.

tecnologgamer:
I'm glad I may help you  :)

bengo:

As you've been told, there's a major amount of pillow shading going on. Try to keep things simple, have a clear distinction of light and dark values, and think about where the light is coming from. I've made a sphere to the side of Samus to show what direction the light was coming from. The image you used for reference doesn't show too strong of a distinction and if you don't understand how lighting works it can make it extra difficult. Below is an image linked that might help you-
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6f/b7/82/6fb7827e58f6a252ceaa5d7877b25476.jpg

Jmrhdb:
Hello everyone!

So it's been a while, I guess I never got around to re-shading the sprite all those years ago ??? Anyway I stumbled on the save file the other day and I decided to take another crack at it. And with a little more pixel experience this is what I came up with:

It could be better but I'm happy with it  :blind:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version