Work > Portfolios

Sokota's Portfolio

<< < (2/3) > >>

Elder:

--- Quote from: rabidbaboy on November 09, 2007, 10:16:03 am ---Also remember that sprites you make for work generally will be less in quality compared to sprites you made "for fun/leisure".

--- End quote ---

Strange, but that's one of the most interesting remark I've read :)

Elder:
Anyway, believe it or not, as a freelance worker I can easily confirm that most of employers pay very badly, so why not, sakura’s art is worthy in such context, and he could improve with time at worst.

Sokota:
Thanks for the encouragement, Elder. But its "Sokota", not sakura. Haha. Oh well. Anyways, I'm better at smaller sized things, and not generally that good at humans...which may be my downfall. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve to my work? I mean, I feel like I've reach a point where I can improve; that I've leveled out my skill. Anyone got any suggestions...Also note, that those were made in MS Paint. I don't know anything about dithering or alpha channels or anything of that. But, I guess I should learn huh?

Sokota

Feron:

--- Quote from: Sokota on January 13, 2008, 10:33:05 pm ---Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve to my work? I mean, I feel like I've reach a point where I can improve; that I've leveled out my skill. Anyone got any suggestions...

--- End quote ---

Make some more stuff, post it in the pixel-art section and get critique and feedback and then just keep practising.

--- Quote ---Also note, that those were made in MS Paint. I don't know anything about dithering or alpha channels or anything of that.
--- End quote ---

I would suggest reading what dithering is.  It requires no more software than the MS paint pencil tool.  Alpha channels are not needed for pixel-art.

just generally do more stuff, thats the only way to improve.

Sokota:
Ok, I will take your advice, and just practice I guess. Is it better to specialize in one area, or be good at lots of different things?

Sokota

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version