AuthorTopic: Octopussy  (Read 2969 times)

Offline jujucece

• View Profile

Octopussy

on: November 21, 2005, 10:38:13 am

Here's my Octopussy ( 6 arms + 2 hidden = 8 ).
And also 8 colors.

I concentrate myself on Dithering and Anti-aliasing, so any C Or C will be welcomed...   ;D

Perhaps the lineArt is not very nice, but...   ::)

Jujucece

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Re: Octopussy

Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 04:10:24 am
I suggest that you play around with not just making each shade darker, but also play around with shift the hue values.  Not much, just a tad to blue as it get darker.  It adds a really nice touch.  Experiment with that and you might like it.

Besides that, I feel that the dithering adds a wrong feeling for an octopus.  Not that I know much about octopi, but they always seemed like they would be slimy, if they are cartoony, not grainy, with dithering gives the feeling of.  Or, maybe you should look into how some real octopi are textured. 

Also, the head doesn't seem round enough.  Like it flattens out too much where his face is.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 09:26:51 am
 Good work there. Now something that's kinda wrong with this picture is that the tentacles of the creature are wormed shaped instead of long curved sharped shaped. It looks kinda wierd, but it's up to you. Feel free to change it if you like. I hope this helps.

Offline jujucece

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 09:56:19 am
Here's a new version :

Darien: You were right about colors, changing a bit the Blue component makes the picture better.
I also tried to make the Face less flat.
For the texture of an Octopuss, It was just a try, I didn't want to draw a "realistic" Octopuss...

Thanks everybody for your comments...  ;)
Jujucece