AuthorTopic: Camel walk  (Read 4546 times)

Offline Sohei

• View Profile

Camel walk

on: October 27, 2007, 12:27:03 pm
Greetings

Here is a walking cycle of a camel. I pretty happy with what was done, but something seem wrong with the front legs. I've run out of ideas. Can you help or c&c?

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Re: Camel walk

Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 01:34:04 pm
Not sure about the front leg, but the hump of the camel is so steady you could safely carry a wedding cake on top of it. So it needs to move back and forth.

Camel silhouettes against sunset. (at the end of the video)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 04:48:19 pm
What I remember, so this might be a bit inaccurate, is that camels walk much like elephants, by throwing their weight around. This opinion though, might just be skewed from watching a lot of Disney movies with camels and exaggerated movement... but it just might be what you need.
Things that could improve this greatly would be its heading bobbing up and down with its movement, the pace slowed down(like I said, camels moved with their weight), and some animation to the rope-thing, which I forgot the name to. The tail also needs to be done, to preferably be swinging back and forth, not just jutting in and out.

Offline Sohei

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 05:10:31 pm
Thanks a lot, guys! I'll try to apply your advices to the animation.
Here is an update

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 10:59:10 pm
The ground is going by much too fast.

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 12:48:57 am
yes ground moves too fast, and add a wire (rope) between first and second camel ;) ;) u know, to make it more realistic looking
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

R.I.P Tose Proeski ~Senad

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 08:20:42 am
Fantastic foreground. The camel is nice too, but the necks look like they are moving in and out (silly) rather than side to side. You need to rotate the head (ie make new head sprites rotated about z axis) if you want it to look good.

I think the heads should move up and down if anything, look at the camel anim on this site:

http://www.landisfields.com/animation.htm

This might help, its some photo stills of camel walking, maybe cut it into an anim:

http://www.laurencemillergallery.com/images/muybridge_sale737.jpg

The background seems very plain though. Could u antialiase it if it doesn't scroll?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 08:24:06 am by sharprm »
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi