AuthorTopic: [WIP] Hoodie Head  (Read 3972 times)

Offline CODEONE

• View Profile

[WIP] Hoodie Head

on: October 23, 2007, 04:38:15 am

I have some self criticism in my head for this pixel; i.e: the eye and nose and maybe the bottom right corner of the hoodie. Ok that's probably all the criticism I'm thinking of =P What do y'all think?

Offline comradvolk

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Hoodie Head

Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 12:10:11 am
This is great work, I only have one question:

Why is his neck the size of an elephant?

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 02:44:29 am
comradvolk: This is not great work, and his neck is not the size of an elephant's.  Please post something useful next time, or we will make sure that you do not post at all.  We promise.

CODEONE: You have a strong light source, which is a great start.  However, you should think more about your colors, your character's facial anatomy, and the folds of the clothing.  Right now the piece is looking jaggy, dull, and washed out.  Don't be afraid to spend more than 10 or 20 minutes on your work!  Especially when you are starting, even if you have a lot of traditional training, there can be a ton of trial and error and experimentation to get just hte right pixels in just the right places.  If you don't put in the love you will not get the strong piece you want!

Offline MrMister

• meltymorph
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 03:35:29 am
Oh, sorry for trying to be nice. His neck is too thick. And my post might not have been useful to you, because you didn't make this piece.
Lying isn't useful to anyone. And you didn't actually give any constructive criticism.:yell:

The guy has a unibrow, and his teeth look like they're tacked onto his face, not inside his mouth..
The nose is at a completely different angle from the rest of his face.
Also remember that the eyes are in the middle of the head.
it might be a one shot deal

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 09:11:08 am
Oh, sorry for trying to be nice. His neck is too thick. And my post might not have been useful to you, because you didn't make this piece.
You might want to show some respect to the moderators, otherwise you won't be able to enjoy your stay here much longer.
Also, read the rules, it says no one-liners.

As for the actual art: I would like to see more details and defenition to the face. Currently there isn't much to it.
Some more tones of shading to smooth it out would do nicely, and some highlights.
Clean up your lines a bit too. And the lighter outline towards the black on the coat looks quite jagged.