AuthorTopic: Batman  (Read 4208 times)

Offline Atum

• View Profile

Batman

on: October 26, 2007, 03:06:00 am
Hmm...recently Ive been in a Pixel slump...so I was roaming the threads and came apon the Kos challenge + Bobs Joker...I said to myself...Hey, you know what? im going to make batman...What batman doesnt say BADASS all over it? how could it not cheer your pixelness up  ;D

Im really stumped on what to do for the cape...or if I should just make the whole body... Any Opinions? And im not the most inteligent person who knows anatomy, so I was wondering if im doing the Pectoral mucles right  :huh:

Newest WIP

WIP3

Looks like its developing...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 05:44:24 am by Atum »

Offline piotrek255

• take it easy -_-
    • View Profile

Re: Batman

Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 08:45:10 am
i think the white highlights are too intense, on the newest WIP, fill the black places on his legs with some dark blue. other than that, i like it very much. good work
my way of the pixel? -> minimum effort, maximum quality 0_0

Offline Rebel-CD32

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 11:25:02 am
This is looking great, Atum, your work has really progressed since the first image. I'm a Batman fan myself, so I thought I'd help point out a few things. First, I can see you're still working your way down, so I thought I'd jump in and point out that Batman's boots rise up to a point in his shin and slope down towards the back of the calf. Also, his feet were turned out a bit so I moved it in to face more forward.

The other thing is his cape. While it looks cool hanging down because you can see the points on it, if he was standing on the ground it would be laying down behind him, usually spread out on the ground with the points facing out. I couldn't really show it from the front angle though. If it was shorter you could show the points on it, but he seems to have a pretty long cape these days. Unfortunately, because we're looking from the front, it's hard to make it look cool. This is just a rough example, but I hope it helps.

Offline eghost

• Vagrant
    • View Profile
    • My Pixel Joint profile page

Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 11:50:27 am
Decent enough start...Though the angle reads kinda weird...I think the cape comes up to high at the shoulders...Looks like he has no (or very little) neck...

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 03:28:19 pm
yeah.. the anatomy's a bit weird... and the pose is just so not heroic enough...

Feels to me like old brucey boy has just realised he can't be arsed with this caped crusading anymore and has fallen into a teenage stupor of emo type self pity...

either that or he's carrying two large shopping bags back from Tescos... (Woolworths/Target/Kmart [what am I talking about US citizens don't walk anywhere?])

Anyway, that asides...

- quit X-flipping and do it properly
- make the pose more dynamic
- that pallette could do with a bit of work, the almost white (grey) hilight is nasty
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline Atum

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 04:22:30 pm
Thanks guys, you are right about the posture...looks like he has back problems...I am thinking of changing the whole thing and making it more of a batman portrait side view with Gotham behind him. It will take some time but ill be posting Wips.

Offline Atum

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 04:36:49 am

very WIPish