AuthorTopic: Ghost Hunting Ghost (formerly "standing animation")  (Read 11652 times)

Offline infinity+1

• the real deal
    • View Profile

Ghost Hunting Ghost (formerly "standing animation")

on: October 26, 2007, 02:08:44 am
working on an idle/standing animation.

..slower..

maybe the green on the chest goes up too much. i like the way the hat kind of tilts.
anyway, maybe i can get some feedback.

pants are still pretty WIP

also, it's intentionally supposed to be viewed at 2X

UPDATE: scratch a lot of that. i decided the sprite was choppy and bad from the start, so i reworked it. here's a cleaner version of what i was going for.

and also
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 06:29:39 am by infinity+1 »

Offline infinity+1

• the real deal
    • View Profile

Re: standing animation

Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 07:50:43 am

couple of updates.
also, working on some level design stuff. my first ever. gotta admit, i'm getting some inspiration from souly's (in my opinion, mega cool) Lectro stuff.

sorry for awkward white boxes with no transparency. i was lazy.
also, i'm messing around with arne's palette right now, if that wasn't obvious.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 07:52:36 am by infinity+1 »

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 08:06:38 am
I love it, the only problem I'm noticing is that that box thing is out of perspective from everything else, good to make it pop out as an item but also makes it look awkward because it's not in line with everything else. You're new idle animation needs a little more punch to it like your first idle animation(i.e. More frames), his running animation just looks odd, not sure how to help out with it though.

Offline zyndikate

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 11:48:16 am
The run-animations, I think, needs a little bouncing - gravity on the head and rifle arm.. I tried to show what I meant but I have to go out now, so Ill comeback later with that..

And Im not sure, but when I looked at the animation it seemed the foot contact(key frames) didnt have the same inbetweens (didnt have the same amount frames inbetween when the foot hit the ground)..

Like I said, I would like to give it a try later.

Offline infinity+1

• the real deal
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 03:02:07 pm
after looking at my frames for the run, i noticed a couple little things that made the whole thing suffer.
for one, the left leg was coming out farther than the right foot (by a lot) making it look odd. (thanks zyndikate)
and also, i added a little animation to the hat. i think it helped a lot. it kind of implies a little bounce without going overboard. i think.

sorry for the sloppy edit.

Offline zyndikate

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 03:35:51 pm
I think its looks better, except you missed one pixel on the gunpipe - unless it was intentioned :)
Im not sure if I would keep the bounce on the cigar though since its one frame with onle one pixel, but thats just me.
I cant really say much more - Let some experienced animators like baccaman have a go at it :)

Offline infinity+1

• the real deal
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 03:42:34 pm
well, that one little pixel was supposed to imply a kind of medium length hair or something. maybe it's unnecessary.
i made the head bob a bit, just to see what it would look like. not sure if it's too much. also, i made the pistol arm have a little bit of movement.
thoughts?

and for comparison:
(old)

i think next i need to worry about the arms.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 03:44:29 pm by infinity+1 »

Offline infinity+1

• the real deal
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 04:43:17 pm
alright, alright. tweaks here and there, and i think i've got something i'm happy with.

EDIT:

working on a jump now. thoughts?? i know the gun isn't in his hand yet.

EDIT (again): colored the jump:
enjoy the awkward other sprite remnants jumping around as you watch the actual jumping animation.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 11:20:57 pm by infinity+1 »

Offline zyndikate

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 03:04:51 am
I adjustet the rifle a little, not so volient. Also added a little more gravity on the way up on his hat, just suggestions - dunno if it servers your intention better.

Offline infinity+1

• the real deal
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 08:12:57 am
yeah yeah, i like that hat coming down that far. i'll tinker with mine when i get the chance.
also, i like the slightly less orange skin mid tone you have.

yeah, a friend of mine is going to program a simple demo tomorrow so i can see how everything looks.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 08:15:52 am by infinity+1 »