AuthorTopic: [wip] fighting game mockup  (Read 5341 times)

Offline locust

• rakblads terapi
    • View Profile
    • old page...

[wip] fighting game mockup

on: October 22, 2007, 01:12:10 pm
been doing a fightergamescene...im feeling i need some support from the forum, cc greatly appreciated...

the players are in need of some top body/arm revamp i think...for the least...

EDIT:

kinda crappy update, added texture on the road and made minor changes to the playersprites...i dont think im gonna keep em but i like the pants :)

EDIT2:

started portraiting...

EDIT3:

he who makes himself a smaller canvas rids the pain of beeing a background :)
i have to put something there just to make use of parallax scroll erotica.
shady foreground perhaps...
the portrait head doesnt really fit with the body, and that damn ball hand...

all: thanks for the kind words! and im gonna try to adress the issues marked by youall.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 12:11:50 pm by locust »
pay attention to backwards!

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Re: [wip] fighting game mockup

Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 10:24:21 pm
The characters look pretty solid, although the two guys one the left, who I'm guessing are the Player 1 and Player 2 characters, look like wimps compared to the guys with knives.

And yes, the shrubs are way too noisy and random. Just take some time and you'll be able to do something by hand that looks good.

The dirt can probably work if you get rid of those bright dots. They are too harsh and distracting against the dark brown.

Offline Phlox

• huh??? what???
    • View Profile
    • Can Games

Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 02:23:01 am
I don't think that the characters look like they are in the fighting mood they look more like they are depressed and are going to go cry. I dont know the plot or story idea behind this game or even if there is one but if they are out for revenge or maybe if they want there drug money you could make them seem more angry.

But so far other than what Pk said i think it looks good i do really like your knife guys

to help think of a theme think of a reason why they should be busting these creeps skulls other than they have huge knifes, some thing like a motive (in my game your mom gets kidnapped)

I too helped draw for a fighting game but it was 2 or 3 years ago before i knew much, well anything at all about pixel art. its more a game that is sopposed to to be comedic and fun there is a link to it in my neighbors website (who i worked on it with) in my signature if you wanna check it out but it is not really going to help you with your art considering the art in it is well, terrible to say the least.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 02:41:12 am by Phlox »

Offline Atum

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 02:35:52 am
im digging the hedges actually :O, i think if you want to go the detailed looking route, you would need to increase detail on the road and sidewalk.

(the shadow on the sidewalk from shrub needs to be shaded the way the bush is shaped)

and I agree the Player 1 + 2, look like they just slit their wrists...xD

Offline pi

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 09:16:51 pm
First of all, AMAZING!
I have been looking for a game like this. Anyone know what this kind of perspective is called?

The hedges look good but they dont fit the style of the other artwork.

Suggestion:
Make the 2 main characters a little more personal, i mean right now they are just different colors.
I didn't even see those were knives until pkmays mentioned it. Maybe you should do them a little more metal.

Also, if you look at games like River City Ransom, you can see that they take the same body and switch the heads.
And then they change the color of the bodys for their level of difficulty.

Offline locust

• rakblads terapi
    • View Profile
    • old page...

Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 01:51:32 am
ok, ive finished the portrait and changed the pavement and added sewerstuff. Croped the canvas, i feel better with the hud now.
Any crits?

pay attention to backwards!

Offline pi

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 04:45:28 pm
I think maybe the hair of the blackharied dude should be redone, it looks like somekind of beanie right now.
Also, what is the yellow bar below the HP bar supposed to be? Special attack?

I really hope to see more from this.

EDIT: omg, i just noticed it's a month old
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 04:47:36 pm by pi »