AuthorTopic: Our Lady Tribute portrait  (Read 2767 times)

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

Our Lady Tribute portrait

on: September 09, 2020, 10:44:57 am
This week is celebrate the birth of Our Lady and since I am devout of Our Lady I made a tribute, but I'm not good enough to make a worth present and I would like make this piece my best pixel art in these years since I started. I have problems with choose of colors, folds in clothing and hands, I belive the proportions are near rights, however I dunno if the eyelids are round enough when is closed, the nose structure, anyway, I would like to improve each aspect, can someone help, please?

Also I will post the sketch I made, I don't know if will help.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Our Lady Tribute portrait

Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 11:27:27 am
The better you can draw the better you can do pixel art. If you want to improve then I suggest you check out drawing resources. Proko would be a good place to start. I won't beat around the bush, I'm sure you can improve this and your work in general but you will have to put time into studying those fundamentals. For this you'd want to do some drawing studies of faces (after watching a video or two from Proko on the subject).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 11:30:00 am by bengo »

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 11:34:37 am
The better you can draw the better you can do pixel art. If you want to improve then I suggest you check out drawing resources. Proko would be a good place to start. I won't beat around the bush, I'm sure you can improve this and your work in general but you will have to put time into studying those fundamentals. For this you'd want to do some drawing studies of faces (after watching a video or two from Proko on the subject).

I will check out, thanks!  ;D

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 11:53:25 pm
I made a little changes, work more in the face that anything else. I try to make the eyelids more clear and round, change the hair color and try to narrow the nose and add a collar around her neck. I belive what bothers me more is the cloth which non-sense clusters and folds.

Offline fskn

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 10:28:44 pm
I really like what you're doing here, style-wise, whether that's intentional or not. It kind of reminds me of Dave McKean's...

Still, I made some changes to her face and neck.

As for the cloth, I'm not sure I can help. Maybe check some references, like these photos?
https://www.behance.net/gallery/41100991/Columbia-Pictures-Logo

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 12:35:49 am
Greetings!

Thanks for reply, I did the changes and u help me improve a lot, I also search theoric videos about folds and try to apply looking for tension points and working with the lines until find a suitable structure, also I remade the colors and did a halo around that is usually are in sacred arts.

I guess the last thing I could improve are the fingers.