AuthorTopic: [WIP] Selout challenge from PJ  (Read 31556 times)

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Re: [WIP] Selout challenge from PJ

Reply #50 on: October 25, 2007, 02:13:46 pm
Might be nicer to make the eggs taller/bigger, so their shape breaks the coil. That way they will read better as eggs, as well as making the positive/negative space more visually interesting. You would also avoid the tension caused by having the tip of the egg so close to the top line of the coil.

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #51 on: October 25, 2007, 09:56:46 pm
The specular highlights on her top look too big, making it look like shiny like plastic.

I slightly changed the values of the stick's brown highlight, the second darkest green, and the two lightest purples to make a more evenly ramped palette and used them on her top.

Offline eghost

• Vagrant
    • View Profile
    • My Pixel Joint profile page

Reply #52 on: October 26, 2007, 02:03:50 am
*blinks* THAT'S what I was looking for with the top!!  :D
Thanks for the edit Lawrence, I'll definitely be grabbing that palette and see about tweaking the specular along the same lines that you have...
I'll see about uploading a bit later with current progress and updates...Thanks again all! :)

[EDIT] Got Lawrence's palette fixes in place and updated the top...Think I'm gonna go along the lines of a corset but I'm still working on finishing it...Also incorporated big brother's suggestion on the eggs...Don't mind the mostly craptastic dither pattern on the tail as it will be going away in favor of the "pattern" that I've got at the hip I think...The ultra bright on the tail will also go the way of the dodo soon, just mostly wanted it there atm as lighting reference...
Latest:

[/EDIT]
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 03:42:55 am by eghost »