AuthorTopic: Self Portrait !!! [WIP]  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Self Portrait !!! [WIP]

on: October 17, 2007, 05:08:31 pm
Any CC are welcome, feel free for new suggestions, edits..  :crazy:!

No specific resources I would point out, just pictures of me from sides and other angles that had helped me to correct some details that would help me to make it more looking like me, just me myself and I.  :crazy:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 07:28:08 pm by Senad »
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

R.I.P Tose Proeski ~Senad

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Re: Self Portrait !!! [WIP]

Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 09:26:38 pm
This is looking good, the face especially. Biggest issue I see is the shading on the clothing. There really isn't any directional lightsource to speak of, and it's making the clothing look rather pillowy. Also, the dithering is for the most part excessive and unattractive. Make better use of buffers and get a well defined light source, and this'll look great.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 11:21:42 pm
PKmayonnaise covered the basics of the coloring. I'm still having issues with the animation itself. Very smooth, yet. But reallistically, I'm not understanding it. Is he just moving his lips? If so, then yes this makes sense. However, if he is talking, then I believe his lower jaw should also be moving down some.(try standing in front of a mirror, and start talking normally to yourself, with your hand about half an inch beneath your chin or jaw. I'm pretty sure you'll notice your chin hits your hand when you speak. Even smaller words, without emphasis, still produce movement of the jaw. Also, it's more believable, as he just looks like a robot.) And don't forget how many muscles it takes to smile or frown. Take this into consideration when animating realistic pieces like this.( i.e. other parts of the face will shift a bit, other than the obvious.)

Still looking great though.
my back hurts...

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 11:46:25 pm
Oh thats exacly what I thought about but thought it woudnt be nessesary, now I will absolutely make it.. thanx for the critics, amd pkmays, well the reason I colored the clothes that randomly, was just so it dont get so much focuss on that, the face is my red dot, but I will consider about remaking it, prabably will, I was also planning to make rest of the body, was thinking to dress him in black/white smoking, at least down to the belly.. any suggestions?
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

R.I.P Tose Proeski ~Senad