AuthorTopic: Newbie presents  (Read 3235 times)

Offline Kaczor

• I'm lazy
    • View Profile
    • Mario City

Newbie presents

on: October 16, 2007, 04:00:59 pm
Hello! It's my first post here so I'll introduce myself shortly  :). My big dream is to develop games in the future so I'm learnig C++ but I really like art aswell. I'm working with vectors and digital painting. I used to work on rips for some fangames but recently started doing it more serious. I'm from Poland by the way so I would like to apologise for my mistakes in advance.

Altight... so here is my recent, and in fact the only one, work:

nd here with some background:

Waiting for your critics  ;).
Sorry for my english.

Offline reverb

• View Profile

Re: Newbie presents

Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 01:57:05 am
I don't see anything wrong with the animation itself, but I'm a complete newb to pixeling, so I really wouldn't know.  As for with the background, the background (frontal view) is at a different perspective than the character (top-downish perspective), so it looks unusual.
You got that rainbow feel... but the rainbow has a beard - Cream

Offline infinity+1

• the real deal
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 01:59:55 am
you might try making a different head for it, just to see if it makes a difference? the body looks good
anyway, welcome

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 04:03:55 am
I think you should try something more ambitious for your background - it's pretty uninspired and doesn't match the imaginative character.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline skw

• Stuck in the Nineties.
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Theodore Customs

Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 04:41:15 pm
Cześć! and welcome, nice to see another Pole around here.

Yeah. . . I, too, believe you can do better with the head. There are few little issues that you might want to polish more:
a) the head comes out a bit rough while compared to the neatly-made walkcycle frames (some more aa here and there wouldn't hurt it prolly);
b) the head's off perspective (the background ruins it totally) -- looks like he's leaning to the right (his).

However, I'd say that's better than good as for the first 'serious' attempt. Congrats!
Even a common man by obtaining knowledge becomes a Buddha.
sexual content, click at your own risk! https://www.facebook.com/szumprodukcje /also known as skurwy