AuthorTopic: Beginner's bedroom  (Read 7378 times)

Offline Merick

• View Profile

Re: Beginner's bedroom

Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 09:18:29 pm
To me, the way that you've got the books lined up in the middle makes that shelf look like it's slanted

Offline Rargh!

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 12:39:36 am

A great improvement. The room looks much more inviting!!

I could be wrong, but are the shadows for the bookcase and the bed conflicting in terms of light source. I only ask more to learn from who might be able to answer. Door seems a touch wide, too. Though that would be based on Australian building standards... not sure what it's like elsewhere in the world!!

Cheers,

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 01:33:05 am
You've replaced most of the ugly black lines with darker colored lines, getting rid of the comic book feel.  This is good.  I'd say do the same with the closet doors, especially with the gaps between the slats.  :y:

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 02:11:13 am
The shutters are really repetitious and boring right now...everything else sucks the viewer in, but the shutters push the viewer back out.  Remember that EVERYTHING is subject to the effects of the light source.  ;) :y: (also, it could be the harsh black boarders on the shutters that are really making them an eye soar)
But you have improved the piece quite a bit so far, good work--keep it up!

EDIT: Yeah, didn't see Faktablad's post....he mentions the closet doors/shutters, too.  My bad.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline sleepfist

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: October 18, 2007, 10:55:20 am

Faktablad and Rydin, you were definitely right.  What a stark difference it makes to eliminate that brutal contrast.

Thanks, everyone.  You've given me a good set of principles to start with, here.  Now I can add on the rest of my condo!

Offline robotriot

• Tubby mechanical friend
    • View Profile
    • robotriot

Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 11:58:43 am
You've still got some black outlines in there that should be eliminated, like on the clothes basket (?) in the upper left corner and bookshelf. Anyway, excellent improvement from the first version, the shadows give the image a much more realistic and cozy feel.
WELCOME TO BATTLE SQUADRON

Offline Rargh!

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: October 18, 2007, 01:22:10 pm
Another tiny thing--but it just hit me between the eyes--are the last two shutter knobs lined up correctly? The other two had one line of overlapping pixels, while the last two didn't.

Cheers,

Offline sleepfist

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 05:00:54 pm
Whoops.