AuthorTopic: La Tanko  (Read 2715 times)

Offline Dirteater

• View Profile

La Tanko

on: October 14, 2007, 06:18:38 pm

made this a while ago, and thought i might try and animate it, never animated anything before. Stuck on how to do the tracks so i thought id get some opinions

its WIP also :D

and im not totally sure how to have 1 seperate animated images, and then put them as one
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 07:48:08 pm by Dirteater »

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: La Tanko

Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 02:22:12 am
I think the perspective is rather interesting on this piece....is strays from your usual overhead view...which is a good thing in my book, as long as you use it to your advantage :P.
Some things that stick out are the lighting right now--it feels like its all over...from the top on the barrel, from the side on the turret, from the front on the side panels...you need to pick a light source and stick with it I think.
The open part in the back (that's what I'm guessing it is :S) could use some work, too.  I think you need to show some shadows in there to define some planes...so viewers can tell that it goes in, you know?  A similar problem is occurring in the turret entrance hole thingy...it really isn't achieving depth right now.
As for animating, I would wait if I were you, until you get a more finished product, but it would probably be quite a hassle to go back and fix a bunch of minor stuff on each frame, you dig? Slap on some treads and we'll give you some feed back, fix up some of the problems above, and then maybe think about animating it.

Good luck man.  :y:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Re: La Tanko

Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 09:56:58 am
The cannon would look better if it's more textured. Here's one of my ideas for shading metal. Make shadows have their shadows too. Not bad for a WIP. It looks very well pixeled. I say I gotta give some props to ya man.