AuthorTopic: Animation program info, what you use and what you recomend.  (Read 6962 times)

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Re: Animation program info, what you use and what you recomend.

Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 03:33:54 pm
Isn't it like that with Pro Motion you can use it right after installation and for the GraphicsGale you need plugin? I've searched it in GraphicsGale's help and didn't find any topics about remapping (if that's how its called :P).

Nope, you've got it backwards. To remap in GraphicsGale, hold Alt while dragging a palette entry. It'll move the color in the palette without screwing up the sprite.

Offline Kaczor

• I'm lazy
    • View Profile
    • Mario City

Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 03:55:19 pm
I think I don't get it or you don't get what I'm asking for (most likely the first one). Maybe it's because of the language barrier :(.
Sorry for my english.

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 03:59:28 pm
If there was a way to manually remap palette entries directly from the palette box in pro motion, I'd use that program all the time. The plugin which allows palette remapping is so slow an cluttered compared to, say, mtPaint's built in feature where you can just drag and drop entries within the palette window itself (which, by the sound of it is the same as in GG). I also don't like how in promotion, when you cycle through palette entries you are able to accidentally cycle past the entries you want to use because it doesn't let you set a limit (which mtPaint does).

(btw mtPaint sort of sucks for animation so I don''t mean to mention it for heyy13's original topic of animation)

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 04:05:23 pm
I think I don't get it or you don't get what I'm asking for (most likely the first one). Maybe it's because of the language barrier :(.

You just want a program that allows you to change your palette at will, and automatically replaces all the pixels (of the color you are changing) as you edit, right?

Offline Kaczor

• I'm lazy
    • View Profile
    • Mario City

Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 04:26:11 pm
Yes! ;) (not much of a post actually :P).
Sorry for my english.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 05:28:20 pm
To make it so changing the color in the palette changes the color on the image, set the color depth in GraphicsGale to 8bit (256 colors) or less. Once that's done, it will do it automatically.
Once in 8bit mode, you can modify your drog and drap actions using CTRL and SHIFT:
Shift will switch the colors without changing them on the image.
Ctrl will copy the color to wherever you drag it.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)