AuthorTopic: German BR 52 locomotive  (Read 23288 times)

Offline robotriot

• Tubby mechanical friend
    • View Profile
    • robotriot

Re: German BR 52 locomotive

Reply #40 on: April 23, 2008, 06:19:40 pm
I also made something similar in style (4 colours only though). http://robotriot.hokuten.net/img/cga_train2.gif

You really need to add textures and a light source. A lot of the parts on the train throw shadows or have reflective surfaces, this would really bring your picture to life. Of course, at this size, it's going to be a lot of work, as already mentioned.

I also noticed the wheels are off ... if you look at the photo you posted, you're missing that kind of disc on the wheel that actually keeps the train and the wagons on the track (I don't know the technical term for it). As it is now, it looks as if the wagons were balancing on the track.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 06:24:09 pm by robotriot »
WELCOME TO BATTLE SQUADRON

Offline dtek

• View Profile

Re: German BR 52 locomotive

Reply #41 on: April 23, 2008, 09:26:10 pm
Hey, thanks for posting your work, it looks very appealing like a snapshot or something of a time past, I know with my own work, I always spend a lot of time deciding  on the range of colours or contrast, etc between the midtones, highlights and shadows,("colour theory" ;) ) there's a few ways to easily adjust the levels on different programs, but I recommend looking into it, I adjusted the photo below to explain what I mean, think the one I used makes the blacks blacker and the whites whiter, and makes the saturation of colours stronger

later!