AuthorTopic: It makes me laugh.  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

It makes me laugh.

on: October 08, 2007, 10:14:17 pm
    Well.. This was going to be done for Pixelation's Pixelween, but it has been deemed un-rule abiding, but I feel like finishing it anyway. This is going to be a portrait of the Shape-shifting alien "It" from Stephen King's Novel.."It". I decided to color it using all geometric shapes ( I know a pixel is "technically" geometric.. but I think it is understood what I mean.) Probably inspired by Helm's avatar, and The B.O.B's piece Pixelz of Oz . Comments and Criticisms are appreciated. I do intend to finish this one. XD

A small update.. I have been QUITE busy as of late, but updates should be coming at a semi-regular pace soon. Still a few kinks to fix in the facial anatomy/lighting I believe. The hair is probably just a place holder.

Comments apriciated
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 07:50:16 pm by Malor »
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Re: It makes me laugh.

Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 10:53:52 pm
It's a good start, but it needs a lot more contrast. The left (our left) side of his face looks a bit stretched out. It also lacks volume. The cranium and the nose, for instance, should be shaded more like round shapes. Maybe studying faces a bit more might help?

You could also lower the color count a bit. This edit uses 9. :)

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 11:13:08 pm
Ah. You're right about the face anatomy. And, I may try to add more volume, but I intend to keep the shading limited to geometric shapes. I had no clue I had over 9 colors. I loose count, I suppose I can do a little color reduction. Thank you for the comment ;D
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Malor

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 07:52:54 pm
Sorry for the double post.. attempting to get back into the grove of this piece.. been quite busy as of late.

a full report is back on my first post.