AuthorTopic: Castle Wall  (Read 2910 times)

Offline yyboyyy96

• View Profile

Castle Wall

on: August 28, 2020, 05:26:21 pm
Tried making Castle Walls. any tips on how to improve would be nice :)

« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 09:03:30 pm by yyboyyy96 »

Offline SirAndres

• View Profile

Re: Castle Wall

Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 01:22:59 pm
Hi! The first thing I notice is that the clouds look a bit "pointy". I see as if you wanted to shape the sky, when it would only have to be a full background.

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 07:09:51 pm
It's a decent start,

I need to agree with @SirAndres that the clouds is "pointy", but since the focus is the castle walls I guess you next step is improve the stone quality, give him some shape and better surfaces, to indicate damage and irregular/different surface, deep, etc.

This an example what you could improve, I apologize, but I don't have time for now, but when I have I will quickly try to make an edit using your pixel art to give you some better advices.

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 07:58:19 pm
I did the first change, I prefer start with parts for you better understand and try to avoid those mistakes again.

I change the light of the tower. Castle towers are cylindrical shapes and when the light spots these objects is not take aoo from front, once the object turns around the light will have some difference hits. So imagine in this way: The light hit the cylindrical at front and in the curves it's will slope losing the strength because of the angle and then the back will be all in the dark.

This is what I made, since the light from the sun have a direct angle through the towers this is will happen, however the tower must will be totally dark in other side because there are still the blue sky will create some light to reflect through this object, so there are darker, but not such darker. So the wall from other side of the first tower on left receive the dark produce from the tower, that why that part is little dark in comparison with the rest. I believe there are more details to put in this rock, but I would create an explanation to you understand first.