AuthorTopic: Arne's palette doodles  (Read 2911 times)

Offline Schu

• The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly
    • View Profile
    • Eyegore-net

Arne's palette doodles

on: October 16, 2007, 12:24:34 am
I was uninspired to do anything for the WonderSwan mockup, and had nothing much to do at work except wait around and click refresh on various internet sites...

The little red guys came first, then the green, then the emoticons, hog-man and duck, then the dancing elf, and then somehow an Alex Kidd and Wonderboy redux appeared. I think I really like that palette :3
------
Schu

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: Arne's palette doodles

Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 02:49:53 am
I like these--especially the boar/portrait emerging from the background.  :y:
The main thing that bugs me is the contrast on all these, but I think it is more the palette to blame than anything.
The outlines, on the mini-mockups feel messy  :( if I were you, I'd get rid of the 'corners' or w/e on the outlines--but that's just me; the blocky boarders, coupled with the fact that they aren't black, but the next closest thing, do give them a very nes-y feel.  :y:
As for the emotes...They really stand out, which is a plus, but the shading seems almost too partial and subtle...again, it's a contrast thing--if it were mine, I'd go all out, maybe even hue-shift to give some more depth to the 'zz' and the music note.  And, the outline on the sun; it seems overboard and is making it look messy...not sure how you'd go about fixing it though...maybe move the rays in closer? 
My favorite one's the heart by the way :P.
Oh, the spread apart guy...probably the best doodle in terms of value goes.
But yeah, shame you didn't get a mock up in...didn't seem like anybody really got one in  :-\--well compared to the gameboy one that is.

EDIT:
Yeah, ignore the whole contrast thing...I've got some issues with my screen at home.  I'm at school right now; they look awesome and the contrast is just fine  :y:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 12:44:02 pm by Rydin »
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.