AuthorTopic: The Adventures of Beo (mockup)  (Read 3687 times)

Offline Camdog

• Brawk!
    • View Profile

The Adventures of Beo (mockup)

on: October 05, 2007, 12:16:30 am
(Totally copying Souly. Sorry, Souly.)

Genre: Platformer, stealth, puzzle, fighting, adventure, exploration, action rpg

Expect to use the zoom feature a great deal, this game would be best played at a high resolution.

This is Beo, a young Wyr Seeker in training. The Wyr Seekers are vital to the survival of the Wyrdkin, also known as Wyrdlings, who gain sustenance from the wyr crystals' luminance. The Wyr Seekers are chosen at birth from the darkest of the tribe, for they have the power to store great amounts of wyr crystals in their body.

The story takes place in the land of Woe, a dark, ominous place, full of perils, wonder, and amazement. The game will feature dynamic character development, in the form of a point buy system where the player can buy Beo new moves and abilities. Not only do these help defeat enemies, but they allow access to new areas. The abilities come in four major tiers: Martial arts, Wyr-sword, Wyr magic, and Acrobatics. Characters can scrap abilities and get half of their spent points back, so nothing is permanent.

Character concepts:

Old sage lady: Her prophecies may or may not be true. She is a master of alchemy.
Village boy- Runs around and plays all day.
Tykwan- The Oak tribe's local martial arts master, he has developed his own style of unarmed fighting.
Saggitarius- The Oak tribe's local wyr-sword master, war veteran, father figure and mentor to Beo.
Enemy concepts:

Wyrwarped- This is what happens to those who get their wyr through evil ends. Their minds and bodies are warped, and they are forever in a frenzied state, hungering for wyr.
Bloodsuckler- Don't be their next meal. Watch out when they flock and swarm together.
Ninja Bandit- Nobody knows who or what they are. Highly acrobatic and annoying.
Ghostuardo- Don't be fooled, it's not just a person in a sheet! Their ecto-membranes are very valuable alchemical components.

I have a running animation on the way, and tiles as well!

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Re: The Adventures of Beo (mockup)

Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 12:38:58 am
I don't mean to go off subject, but is there a reason why this is in the general discussion section of the forum, not the Pixel art section?  :huh:

I can understand if you're just posting it here for looks, but for critique, I think it may be best posted in the pixelart forum...I think.
my back hurts...

Offline Camdog

• Brawk!
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 12:45:45 am
Errr...whoops. Yeah, you're right. I didn't even realise I posted it in general. I guess I'll wait for a mod to move it. If that's how it works when this happens.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 12:53:19 am by Camdog »

Offline bluknight

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 01:38:49 am
this game would be best played at a high resolution.

Do you mean low resolution? At a high resolution those characters are practically invisible!

Offline Camdog

• Brawk!
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 01:46:49 am
this game would be best played at a high resolution.

Do you mean low resolution? At a high resolution those characters are practically invisible!
Curses!

Low.

Offline robotacon

• robotacon
    • View Profile
    • It Got Dark

Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 08:07:34 am
Extremely super cool.
Sprites that defy the laws of resolution is an art movement now for all I know.
I dig the subtle variations in skintone.