AuthorTopic: Paladin  (Read 3785 times)

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Paladin

on: October 01, 2007, 04:39:03 pm
A World of Warcraft paladin dressed in tier 4, Justicar raiment.

I must say, I'm pretty happy with it. But I don't like the face...
Losely based on my own paladin, he doesn't have full tier 4, but I'm getting close to it though :D
Any suggestions?

(Will be animated later.)

Offline RhysD

• View Profile
    • RhysD.com

Re: Paladin

Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 09:03:16 am
more contrast maybe, and theres something odd about his right shoulder (the left if you are looking at the pic) it's almost like its too far back from his body

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 09:53:09 am
Nice work. I think you should move the head up a 4 or 5 pixels. Also, the shins are too small, so move the nees up and maybe waist a little too. If he is wearing gloves, you could do more to define the hands.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 10:25:55 pm
While I agree on moving his head up, I think thats how the armor is, anyway edit:

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 10:17:48 am
Thanks for the comment.
RhysD: I don't really understand what you mean by the shoulder, care to make an edit?

sharpm: Well, he is a bit chibi of course, and I wanted a bit of a big upperbody, small leg effects. Like mr Incredible you know?

Bengoshia: Thanks alot for the edit. Really helped me on the face.
And yes, that's how his armor is a bit. It's quite large and covers nearly every part of his body. However, I moved the chin up a pixel.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 12:17:01 pm
Try drawing a quick one one without the shoulder pads. If you still think it looks okay then fine, but i'm guessing his shoulders are far too wide and he has no neck. His left hand could be improved imo, maybe make his thumb shorter. his right leg also has problems.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi