AuthorTopic: [WIP] I'd appreciate some general advice  (Read 2700 times)

Offline sam-uk

• lol, internet.
    • View Profile

[WIP] I'd appreciate some general advice

on: September 29, 2007, 01:01:24 pm
Hello and thanks to any of you who'll take time out to school me on anything pixel related. I'll be honest with you and say I've only been lurking around these forums for a week or two but in that time I've read and witnessed great things from great people. I'd be an idiot to pass up the chance of getting mature c&c that'll guide me into reaching my full potential. So with that out of the way I'd like to introduce you to a small piece of my work.

fig 1. - a walking doll

->

I'm sure one or two lenient people would call this passable but i'd like to aim a little higher. There are several things I can see myself that i'm not completely happy with, mostly regarding the left arm movement and the general lack of detail on the limbs. I intend on continually tweaking the image and making improvements myself but I'd like anyone here to really tear it down and advise me on how to improve it, thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 03:07:09 pm by sam-uk »

Offline bluknight

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] I'd appreciate some general advice

Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 01:06:54 pm
The upper half and the bottom half appear to be walking in two different directions.
The torso is turned towards the camera while the feet appear to be perpendicular to us.

I'm not sure if you were going for a Raggedy Ann doll, but it certainly reminds me of it. My mom used to love those dolls.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 01:11:09 pm by bluknight »

Offline sam-uk

• lol, internet.
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] I'd appreciate some general advice

Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 03:24:32 pm
I wasn't aiming specifically for a Raggedy Ann type look. It just sort of ended up looking very similar to either her or Pippi Longstocking. I suppose I'm looking into changing the hair colour in the future but red is working well for now. I appreciate your advice and decided to implement it which you can now see right next to the original. Feel free to pick it apart some more if need be.