AuthorTopic: [NUDE] Help with anatomy?  (Read 16396 times)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Re: [NUDE] Help with anatomy?

Reply #30 on: September 29, 2007, 11:23:46 am
great progress from original.  did a small color edit and mouth and eyes...

EDIT: just realised... she has no noes!

Offline 8bitty

• poop
    • View Profile

Reply #31 on: September 29, 2007, 12:13:29 pm

a slight colour edit, and tweaking of the face and feet. tis very nice! :y:

Offline bluknight

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: September 29, 2007, 12:39:44 pm

Your edit seems to have completely changed her expression. She is no longer happy in yours.

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #33 on: September 29, 2007, 02:03:03 pm

Your edit seems to have completely changed her expression. She is no longer happy in yours.

She's tired of all the edits..     :D

I think your new colour scheme is much more interesting. The other had almost a tint of green.. good for old fashioned looks but maybe not for this.

Offline Blackbeltdude

• View Profile

Reply #34 on: September 29, 2007, 08:10:55 pm
Feron: Thanks, I'll lighten up the side of her face like you did, but I think I want to keep the toothy smile.

8bitty: Ooooo, that IS a nice color change... It seems more natural, but I kinda like the contrast with the darker purple I picked. Makes the lighting seem more dynamic to me I guess. Heh, but you did change the cheery expression to a, "meh" expression. XD Simplifying the foot is a good idea though.

bluknight: I agree... >.>

Skull: Heh, she could be tired of edits.

Which color scheme do you mean? The one 8Bitty used, or the one with darker purple? But agree about the tint of green. Really, I think the colors got a little funky from making the background transparent... For some weird reason, when I did that, parts of her also turned semi-transparent, changing the colors. I think you can see what I mean if you look at the first post of the sprite, then the second and so on.

Anyhow, with all the stuff you guys nicely pointed out to me, I changed her again:

I still like that toothy smile, but I think the shape it's in is better now. It could still use more refining though, so I did this:

I think you can see this smile easier from X1 zoom. Which is better?

C+C?

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #35 on: September 29, 2007, 08:36:43 pm
off to class so no time to word this nicer:

still has major size arguments, particularly in the head and shoulders and her right hand.  feet make *more* sense, but still not much.  legs still take up about 65% of the whole.  what you're trying to do with the left arm is not natural or comfortable or artistically satisfying.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Blackbeltdude

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: September 30, 2007, 12:16:27 am
Hummm...

Well, I didn't see a problem with the fist she was leaning on... but I thought I'd change it to an open hand and see if that looks more comfy. I've also tried to fix up the feet again. I'm not sure what you mean about the hand on her hip and the legs though...

C+C?

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #37 on: September 30, 2007, 01:11:25 am
try to find a girl lying in this pose and if she eventually gets it the way you've drawn it (which will already require breaking/shortening some bones) she'll tell you that it's pinching her lungs and spine.  the legs should only take up half of the body, yet in yours they are still huge comparatively.  if it helps to see, rotate her 90 degrees and pretend she is jumping.  there are still all sorts of size arguments between the wrist (actually, neither of the wrists are properly developed, you've just got a noodle from the elbow to hand), the shoulders, the face (which has no shape - it's like a balloon with features drawn on).

normally i would not point out these things with such importance but you've asked for anatomy crits.

I cannot repeat this enough: IF YOU DO NOT WORK ANATOMY FROM A REFERENCE YOU WILL ONLY EVER FUCK THINGS UP MORE FOR YOURSELF.  GET A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER TO LIE FOR YOU LONG ENOUGH TO GET A FEW PICTURES.
A mistake is a mistake.

Offline Blackbeltdude

• View Profile

Reply #38 on: October 01, 2007, 12:01:24 pm
I think the most important part you said was how I need a proper reference for this sprite. And since I don't have one, I think I'll just call what I've got now done, and take what I've applied from this, and use it on another sprite. But this time, I'll use a reference. ;) (I'll just stick to the exaggeration that this sprite gives).

Thanks for all the crits everyone, I really appreciated it, and I'll make sure that the next anatomy heavy sprite I do includes all that you mentioned! :)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #39 on: October 01, 2007, 12:27:34 pm
if the pose is possible, there's no such thing as not having a reference, but that's a conversation for a different thread.

this sprite came a long way, you should be proud of it! congrats!
A mistake is a mistake.