AuthorTopic: [NUDE] Help with anatomy?  (Read 16476 times)

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: [NUDE] Help with anatomy?

Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 11:55:31 pm
hmm....i believe that the left nipple COULD be in that position, but not necessarily that they WOULD be.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #21 on: September 28, 2007, 11:56:52 pm
Well all women have different types of breasts, so in the end I guess it's all about preference.

EDIT: maybe I should add that my edit was mostly about the belly and hips, not the breasts.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 11:59:28 pm by Mirre »

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #22 on: September 29, 2007, 12:05:59 am
mirre's is definatly more womanly... I like that slight bulge on the belly... more real... nice.

my wife's having a baby in 4 weeks and her belly USED to look like that... it's a bit bigger now though...
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: September 29, 2007, 12:07:10 am
four WEEKS?  i can imagine....congratulations!

/OT
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Blackbeltdude

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: September 29, 2007, 12:17:29 am
baccman: Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from. :)

Helm: Whoo! FTW! Nice idea! Thanks for taking the time to draw that! :) As soon as I saw it I started to modify my sprite... Then Mirre posted right when I was about to post.

Mirre: Whoo! Also FTW! I also noticed the crossed-eyed nipples that Adarias pointed out, but I think I've seen paintings and things where they look like that... Like you said in your next post, it's pretty subjective.

I also agree with what baccman said in his last post. (Congrats on the baby BTW. :P) I see Helm's as something closer to something I'd see in a comic book, while Mirre's seems more womanly.

Either way, since I did both, I'll post both:

The top is my take on Helm's fixes, and the bottom is my take on Mirre's. I like Mirre's a bit better because she still looks thin, but doesn't look TOO thin. (Though, on either of them, I'd wager I have to tweak the nipples a bit. Actually, I'm sure of it, so I'll go tweak them after I finish posting this...) I also adjusted her hair to be about neck length; I really only did that because I don't want a dark hair-colored spot near her arm pit. :P I also turned her head and gave her a toothy smile. (It's pretty exaggerated though). I'm sure I'll tweak the head more too.

C+C?

EDIT: Tweaked the nipples, hair, and an eyelash:

« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 12:25:46 am by Blackbeltdude »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #25 on: September 29, 2007, 12:22:55 am
I see Helm's as something closer to something I'd see in a comic book

>:(

I won't take offense to that as I am a comic book artist, but I'd like to say you will almost never see actual thoraxes, normal waists and pelvises with actual pelvic bones (like I tried to draw) in them in american mainstream superhero comics. I also prefer Mirre's edit of the belly lots and lots of course, just saying.

Avoid those staircase lines on the right arm (ours), avoid strict lines for this sort of curvy thing that a woman reportedly is (I don't know, I've never met any), and if you absolutely have to have a 45 degree line, do it like you did the hip line, fake a subpixel curve by brightening and lightening the outline pixels.

Green-yellow tint on darker flesh shades is probably the absolute worst thint could use for inviting girl flesh.

Offline Mirre

• Pokémon Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LINNEART

Reply #26 on: September 29, 2007, 12:29:36 am
You are making good improvements so far. Great to see that you really make use of the c&c!

Green-yellow tint on darker flesh shades is probably the absolute worst thint could use for inviting girl flesh.
Agreed. Go with something red-brownish or purplish instead.

And congratulations to baccaman21 and his wife!

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #27 on: September 29, 2007, 12:34:04 am
colours asides... it's looking remarkably better now... AND you've got the clavicles down nice too... (most attractive bone in the body IMO - especially on a woman)

I usually say this to all anatomy posts so why change the habit...? you need to SEE through the flesh, and visualise the skeletal structure underneath, and work from the inside out... helm and Mirre edits helped with this but I know Helm works like that anyway so that's been reflected in your latest rendition... but it's a good lesson for you take on board... your first example showed this lack of underlying knowledge... (no disrespect)

so... good tip for figurative form... get a pencil, get a skeleton, and sketch it... (probably easier siad than done... but it does help... [I used to have a full size one - but before that I used to use a smaller model of one])

(oh and practise feet and hands too)

good work fella...

and with that... I'm off to bed.

l8r's!
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #28 on: September 29, 2007, 12:40:46 am
Yes it's a bit dull, but learning to draw a skeleton, then a skeleton with fat and tendon tissue on it, and finally a skeleton with tendon tissue, fat and a skin on top is something any artist that does anatomical work needs to do at some point. A... lot of times.

Offline Blackbeltdude

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: September 29, 2007, 12:46:47 am
Helm: Haha, I'm sorry! I didn't intend for it to be offending in any way. :) That's a good suggestion about the arm, Thanks! :) I've also adjusted the skin tones.

Mirre: Thanks! But I couldn't get this far if you guys didn't take the time to help. So, thanks again. :)

I went with a more red/brown tone for the shadows this time, but I'll probably keep experimenting. (Purple sounds cool).

baccaman: Thanks again! :) (And like I said to Mirre, if it wasn't for you guys, it wouldn't be as good as it is now).

Thanks for the anatomy tip too! I've never really thought about doing that way. Sometimes I'm aware of the muscles, but I usually forget about how they work with the bones... I need to take an anatomy class, and buy some books.

I've sketched skeletons before, and even muscles but it was... maybe a year ago when I did that. I know that I've got to practice, but I don't draw as much as I used to. I really should do it more often.

I also find feet and hands a bit of a nuisance, so I'll start to draw a lot of those.

Thanks again. :)

Helm: Heh, that's probably why I haven't done it in so long... and even then, I only did it a handful of times before hand. I'll definitely try to do it more often now.

Anyhow, here's the revised sprite:

C+C?

EDIT:

Here's an alternate color. I like this one better than the other colors. I get a better sense of depth from these.

C+C?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 12:56:50 am by Blackbeltdude »