AuthorTopic: WIP Room  (Read 4250 times)

Offline TKSkater

• View Profile

WIP Room

on: November 21, 2005, 05:12:45 am

Not done yet...loosely based on my real bedroom. How do I do carpet texture? C&C is appreciated.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: WIP Room

Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 06:55:28 am
Rather pointless bump, really. 19 views, and not even 2 hrs later. No matter, you'll learn to be patient on this forum. ;)
The room is nice, though the black lines inside the bed outline are a bit...cluttering. same with the red poster. Aside from that, it matches the other rooms in PJ very well. I'm not so keen on floors, but I've seen carpets done with one or two 1px colors used periodically on a single carpet overtone...If that made sense. Good job so far, and I'd like to commend you on the cleanliness of your room.  :)

Offline TKSkater

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 06:59:35 am
Thanks for the reply.

When you say cluttering for the eS posted and bed what exactly do you mean? Id like to change it for the better. I dont get the carpet thing...explain in english please? :P Do you mean like 1 pixel on the corner of another running diagonally?

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 07:22:15 am
#1 Rule: Don't save as .JPG!!!

Terrible example. I'm not the best with iso, but I think you can see what I meant with the bed and es poster. I would've gone for the carpet, but the .jpg-ness threw me off.
Save as .gif or .png, not .bmp or .jpg.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 07:25:11 am
For the love of all that is sacred, save in .gif or .png!

Also, those reds can use some desaturating, and changing hues to something less pure would be nice to see. In smaller spaces, like the computer screen, black outlines can definitely be removed. Also on the white part of the guitar. It's just wasted space, you could use those pixels to add some more detail rather than just bordering flat colors. Speaking of flat, that pillow is missing... a pillow.

EDIT: Huh... Now that I've read Xion's posts, I realize that we have stated the same things for the most part.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 07:27:56 am by Blick »

Offline TKSkater

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 03:29:09 pm
I get what you mean with the bed and poster. Yours looks good :) Hmm im not sure what to add on the guitar but I'll see.

Offline TKSkater

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 11:53:29 pm
Ideas for the guitar? I dont have any.

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 12:50:12 am
Ideas for the guitar? I dont have any.

try adding a guitar amplifier and a cable. plug it in the guitar. or maybe add a guitar stand or the guitar belt.~
if you remove the outline of the white part of the guitar, you will then have space for pixel size details, such as knobs and a switch.

i dont think the guy should be in the corner! :\ looks like he's grounded. :D

on top of that, the table looks to short. you cant even slip the chair under it!

the back of the tv... is what bugs me the most. is that a distorted photo? it's so blurry... any ways, one of the thing that makes iso pixelart so disting is how sharp and shiny every edge looks!
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline TKSkater

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 01:02:50 am
Ill add an amp and that. Take off the black outline of the guitar?

The guy I just put there cuz he was in the way, he wont be there in the end. And the TV is complete pixels, I guess I just shaded it weird.