AuthorTopic: Dopples' Depository of Dem Dar Pixel Arts (latest: little nemo remake)  (Read 4221 times)

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile
I decided that I probably need a dump topic. I don't really make stuff all that often but, it's not a bad idea to have one place to go when I've got something finished to post.

Remake of Little Nemo for nes for the weekly challenge at pixel joint. Uses 9 colors from the nes palette, otherwise no restrictions were followed.

Offline albedo

• View Profile
Awesome work man!

And besides Nemo was among my best NES games.

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile
hmm I think the colors are a bit washed out, but attractive, none the less.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline BlueCheer

• View Profile
His heads too small compared too the picture of him. And is this like something to do with the clown being trippy?

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website
Really nicely done technically and all but I think the characters should have a different colours from the background or the background should be less contrasty.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile
Hey, hey! Little Nemo!:>

I agree with Ptoing,the characters get lost in the background.
Maybe make the background a little less saturated?

But if you're adamant about the color count...:V
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile
Thanks for the comments.

Toning down the mushrooms would probably do a lot to help the characters pop out more. It's too late for me to fix this up for the challenge but, maybe I'll revisit this at a later date. Ditch the low color count and do this piece a little more justice. I spent five hours straight on this, working 'til four in the morning, so I wasn't all that with it by the time I finished.

As for the premise of the piece; I started out with the idea that I'd remake the game with a theme more fitting to the tripped out comic that it spawned from. In the end it just turned out into an amalgamation of whatever I felt likes. heh.