AuthorTopic: DMW2 slime, re-made  (Read 2657 times)

Offline Dokozai

• View Profile

DMW2 slime, re-made

on: September 22, 2007, 05:15:15 pm
well first off, for those of you who don't know, DMW is for dragon warrior monsters........
second off this is a slime:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Rockett.jpg#file
(cute,isn't he? ;D)

here is my version:   

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: DMW2 slime, re-made

Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 05:37:30 pm
Based on the thousands of slimes I've killed ( :lol:), I would say the first thing you should do is get rid of the dithering--slimes are smooth, and in the piece, the dithering makes it look fuzzy and textured.
Next, I think the translucency could use some work--you can usually see through a slime--although I guess there are occasions where they are more of a matte gel...
And, lastly, if it where mine, I'd lose the black outline...but that's just me; stay with it if you like it man.

Good luck with this.  Oh, and I have to ask; are you just redoing just this sprite or are you going to overhaul the whole game? because that'd be very interested to see.  :) :y:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Dokozai

• View Profile

Re: DMW2 slime, re-made

Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 06:33:13 pm
Based on the thousands of slimes I've killed ( :lol:), I would say the first thing you should do is get rid of the dithering--slimes are smooth, and in the piece, the dithering makes it look fuzzy and textured.
Next, I think the translucency could use some work--you can usually see through a slime--although I guess there are occasions where they are more of a matte gel...
And, lastly, if it where mine, I'd lose the black outline...but that's just me; stay with it if you like it man.

Good luck with this.  Oh, and I have to ask; are you just redoing just this sprite or are you going to overhaul the whole game? because that'd be very interested to see.  :) :y:
well I will most likely do alot more monsters, and yeah I will fix the dithering,thanks for replying,and critisizing ;D