AuthorTopic: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread  (Read 49782 times)

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Re: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread

Reply #40 on: November 19, 2005, 04:05:26 pm
I was joking ... but his ego really got on my nerves.
@darionmccoy

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #41 on: November 19, 2005, 04:56:53 pm
I was joking ... but his ego really got on my nerves.
Seconded.  It seems this ego of hers is really not a joke.  And it is so very obnoxious.

I wish I had a mental disorder, I'd be able to create much more interesting (and convincing) art then.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #42 on: November 19, 2005, 05:48:45 pm
The thing about nyan's ego, I don't know and wouldn't presume about it being honest or not, but it sounded like how a person who's read one too many self-help books would come off as: if you underline how awesome and amazing you are, people will start to believe it. If you do it even more, you yourself will start to believe it. I find it really annoying when people do this. On the other hand there's a lot of faux-humble people too, but somehow it's easier to stomach.

But hey, at least nyan's not a liar after all! Said "I'l leave", left! Extra points.

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: November 19, 2005, 07:50:53 pm
On the other hand there's a lot of faux-humble people too, but somehow it's easier to stomach.

Unless you're divisively faux-humble and you're a celebrity, talk radio dj, or in politics. That is REALLY annoying when they try to be 'all that' by trying to make themselves out to be nobodies in order to prove some assertive or arrogant point to begin with.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #44 on: November 19, 2005, 09:01:55 pm
God...I hadnt noticed the trail of madness because I mainly didnt pay much attention to him...but after a look at this

http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?action=profile;u=106;sa=showPosts

no doubt O_o we got a  lose cannon

The whole thing about telling crab to not apologize because he's better than the rest is......freaky O_o

I thought the whole...."get out of the way artists" thing in that sketch was an obvious sign that he was actually humble and just being silly, but I guess he actually resents artists o_________O

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #45 on: November 19, 2005, 09:46:33 pm
I think that guy/gal's mere existence on this forum was a joke - either that or he/she's got serious issues...like he was his own god...That's f'ed up.

Anyway, whoever they were, they're (hopefully) gone now, so no worries.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #46 on: November 19, 2005, 11:07:52 pm
The whole thing about telling crab to not apologize because he's better than the rest is......freaky O_o

I thought the whole...."get out of the way artists" thing in that sketch was an obvious sign that he was actually humble and just being silly, but I guess he actually resents artists o_________O
I'm pretty sure NNK was talking to Mercury Rising about his fake audio disease thing he was saying he had. Not to me. Just go up to the top of the thread to confirm.

This is all so odd, I still can't figure out where the joke ended and which parts were really serious.. This whole thread took a really odd turn somewhere.

BTW, Pep, avatar wtf?! I love it!

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #47 on: November 20, 2005, 12:15:44 am
Wah?  I don't even talk to NNK.  Honestly I was just rolling with his joke. He seemed to be fine until Alex flipped on Camus.  Must be new meds or something, or this happened to me before; a younger cousin / brother got on your login name making insulting/graphic posts and getting you banned and when you try to get on and your like WTF!
Just to outline it for you
REAL:
Me
Schewlers
What we did
My loser friends
FAKE:
NNK recruiting me
Audipolific
North Dakota
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 12:17:28 am by Mercury Rising »
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #48 on: November 20, 2005, 12:28:47 am
Hey all...

Err, my parents are mad, so I may not be on the computer for a while. I'm not really sure.

Haha, North Dakota.

So umm, yeah, I'll be gone for a little bit, but I'll leave you with a story.

I was walking home the other day, listening to my mp3 player, happy as a clam. I get home, and have to go to the bathroom, so I walk into my house and drop my backpack. I go into the bathroom, lift the toilet seat lid, and bloop, in falls my mp3 player. Needless to say, it doesn't work anymore. I feel like a bonehead, but lucky me, the warranty covers it.

And with that, I'm gone for a while.

I hope you can work out all these issues with the voting thing. If we don't keep arguing about it, the wrong person might win and the board will crumble...

Or at least that's what it seems like.

Honestly, as far as I can tell, Nyan is joking (not to mention she's one of the least abrasive people (and english majors) I've ever met)

So now, I'm off to heat up some chicken fingers and watch whatever's on TBS, which at the moment, seems to be that third Matrix movie. Looks alright.

Peace.

Offline Skipper

• I am...
    • View Profile

Reply #49 on: November 20, 2005, 12:33:57 am
I really don't pay attention, because I have no idea what half of you are talking about.  And damnit, Evan, I was about to show you a new super-secret project.  Why must you anger your parents?