AuthorTopic: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread  (Read 50249 times)

Offline FaeryShivers

• View Profile
    • Happy Ufo Studios

Re: The Official Pixelopolis Off-Topic Thread

Reply #30 on: November 19, 2005, 05:12:14 am

Also all fiction writers, theatrical actors and visual artists have a mental disorder rate of between 73 and 77%.

So true, many artists and writers in all genres either suffer from a neurological condition, or have addictive personalities.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #31 on: November 19, 2005, 05:26:06 am
I bet no one is normal.. whatever normal is.
Or is everyone normal? hm..

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #32 on: November 19, 2005, 05:42:12 am
Normalcy is nothing. There is no such thing.

90% of all poets have mental disorders...68% of musicians do too. Also all fiction writers, theatrical actors and visual artists have a mental disorder rate of between 73 and 77%.
I'm a poet, fiction writer and a visual artist, and my parents say I'm a good actor, and I like to sing and write lyrics...
What are the chances of me being completely insane?

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #33 on: November 19, 2005, 05:57:08 am
geez is this topic for real? Nyan's little silly sketch page was just obviously  joke......typical kiddy I love me jingle kind of thing, I actually found it pretty funny

did you guys really come down on him just for that..? and then Pegwo made some insane homophobe claim? and then he left because of it? O_o where the heck am I?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 06:02:15 am by Camus »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #34 on: November 19, 2005, 06:08:39 am
you are on pixelopolis, and you are projecting in a very big way.

of course the challenge to leave wasn't completely serious. But nyan seems to not be a completely serious person, and in the spirit of incomplete seriousness, decided to pull a dramatic exit. Of course, given obligations towards the electorial process, that does create problems as pep underlines. If you want to know what's up, why don't you read nyan's campaign thread?

And relax.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 06:10:54 am by Helm »

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #35 on: November 19, 2005, 08:36:11 am
Maybe it's because I just ate a box of marshmellow cookies. Maybe it's because I've drank eight cokes today. Maybe the effects of the full moon haven't worn off yet, but Alex, your somewhat confusing and valley girl-esque comment of NyanNyan's even more valley girl-esque comment made me laugh hysterically.

Or maybe I am just laughing at NyanNyan being so stupidly dramatic.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 08:37:50 am by Blick »

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #36 on: November 19, 2005, 10:11:17 am
All those figures where real and come from the BR Institute.  The reason that it’s true is because crazy people tend to choose creative jobs, while the most consistently off-kilter are poets.  Only 28% of physicists and biologists have mental disorders, just to show you guys the other end of the spectrum.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline FaeryShivers

• View Profile
    • Happy Ufo Studios

Reply #37 on: November 19, 2005, 10:45:46 am
All those figures where real and come from the BR Institute.  The reason that it’s true is because crazy people tend to choose creative jobs, while the most consistently off-kilter are poets.  Only 28% of physicists and biologists have mental disorders, just to show you guys the other end of the spectrum.

You'd have to be crazy to come up with some of the stuff we artists do :)

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #38 on: November 19, 2005, 11:26:09 am
its a good thing though, look at Dhali...Nitsche...Van Gogh...madmen are wonderfull...remember 12 monkeys? madman is the conveniant tag for those individuals that society cant profit from =O

and god.....Nyan's reaction was so insane I thought there was something else more insane going on behind this thread..IDK, sudden spurts like that remind me of the FLC Diced, Poocrew stuff that always seemed to involve more than what you could see in the forums. I'm glad it wa just Nyan being loopy......sort of O.o his suggestion about presenting programmer art games for us to customize sounded awesome.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #39 on: November 19, 2005, 03:43:57 pm
Well, we can still have those Camus, if I get elected I'll try to either make some myselfves, or go out and look for another programmer to do them :)

I really liked that idea too, perhaps because I came up with the idea in the first place on old pixelation :P