AuthorTopic: mockup...  (Read 4789 times)

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

mockup...

on: September 21, 2007, 05:25:17 am
it was originally for the mockup frenzy...but skimming the rules was a bad choice on my part, and i missed that it had to be based on a newer game.
soooo
ill just post this here.
the only thing ive ever done with such a restricted pallete
and i like it.

c&c would be great ^^
oh...and i guess i should describe the game.
you are an archer whose main goal is to take down the enemies as you reach them along on the map.
you position your bow's angle(in multiples of 8, i.e. 8-16-24-3 ect.)you have limited arrows, you gain points based on number of arrows used and accuracy for each enemy you kill, theres a minimap...and thats it. hope you like it ^^ 4 colors.

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

Re: mockup...

Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 05:23:51 am
bump/update
well i was tired lastnight..so i missed a few problems and fixed some things up that i thought needed fixing.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 05:29:12 am
I think right now the dither isn't helping as much as it could.....just makes it look messy at the moment--doesn't blend the background very much...though changing the colors seemed to help a bit.
There's a lot of other stuff, but I'm way too tired right now :P.

This is a really good game concept though....I hope you go through with it and make it :P
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 05:35:37 am
I think right now the dither isn't helping as much as it could.....just makes it look messy at the moment--doesn't blend the background very much...though changing the colors seemed to help a bit.
There's a lot of other stuff, but I'm way too tired right now :P.

This is a really good game concept though....I hope you go through with it and make it :P
thanks ^^ ill see what  ican do. ive been trying to focus on making the enemy look better...but i think shifting to fixing the background would be better now that i thik about it :P

EDIT:okay, i went with a totally different background style...the other one looked too..noisy.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 07:45:53 am by miscdude »

Offline bluknight

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 02:36:18 pm
I like the less noisy background more, but maybe you could add more detail to the ground to bring more interest into the entire piece?
(While not detracting from it, as the background did before)

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 08:18:31 pm
I like the less noisy background more, but maybe you could add more detail to the ground to bring more interest into the entire piece?
(While not detracting from it, as the background did before)
i tried adding mountains and such but it bade the enemy and bowman look weird...i suppose ill keep trying though, thanks ^^

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 06:45:37 am
(sorry to double post O.O)
update;
well i tried doing something with the ground....still debating whether or not i like it, added some mountains, a cloud...messed with the bowmans colors, added outlines to both sprites...yeah ^^;;

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 07:05:44 am
(sorry to double post O.O)
update;
well i tried doing something with the ground....still debating whether or not i like it, added some mountains, a cloud...messed with the bowmans colors, added outlines to both sprites...yeah ^^;;

Double posts are allowed as long as you post a relevant update :)
Pretty cool. I don't really like the weird stripes on the ground, what purpose do those fulfill?
Maybe some dithering would do better there. Oh, and the AA doesn't really work. You should get rid of the line one the grass in the first place, it's unnescasery.

Offline miscdude

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 07:27:05 am

to be honest i couldnt think of anything good for the ground o_o;; so i just went with one solid color' keeping the line between the ground and the mountains to keep some readability...thanks opacus ^^
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 05:30:16 am by miscdude »