AuthorTopic: ico de-make wip  (Read 2944 times)

Offline infinity+1

• the real deal
    • View Profile

ico de-make wip

on: September 21, 2007, 03:04:37 am
original:

one where i kind of inverted the lightest shade and the next to lightest:

and one where i tried to make some miniature versions of the characters to make them more...i don't know...gameboy ish:

anyway, i was hoping i could get some feedback on how to make these better for the mockup frenzy challenge that's going on.
thanks.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: ico de-make wip

Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 05:50:59 am
The biggest thing is that is far too bland--where's the brick on the walls? where's the tall windows? where's the glorious light beams shining through those windows? where's the chain? Well, you get the point :P.
Also, you could probably make the sword a bit longer...but that might break the sprite size restriction, so.....

I wanna see this thing when it's finished, man.  Good luck  :) :y:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline BinaryMoon

• View Profile
    • Binary Moon

Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 04:31:53 pm
I think the first one is the best and the characters look awesome. I'd forget about them and focus on the background, afterall, in ICO the environment is as good as a character anyway.

Offline infinity+1

• the real deal
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 05:21:47 pm
actually, i totally forgot to mention that i wasn't nearly done with working on the background. i posted this early work mainly as a way of improving the character sprites.
you're right about the length of the sword (although, for the sprite in question, i was shooting for the stick he gets at the beginning), breaking sprite restrictions, but the rules can be bent for the challenge, so maybe i'll mess with it anyway.

anywho, i'll start working on the background.. :)
thanks for the feedback