AuthorTopic: Dithering/Blending  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Doomcreator0

• I thought I was a tree. I'm not. My life is a lie.
    • View Profile

Dithering/Blending

on: September 07, 2007, 10:10:56 pm
Well I'm a pixeler, I can grasp some of the basics of the color selection and pallete choices, but not I would like some help with things such as blending and dithering.

Dithering, there are many styles, the one I'm most comfortable with is the common Checkerboard style. I know also that if on MS paint, if you use a black and white picture, there are all those different versions of dithering that work well. The one I'm interested in learning right now is the kind where you kind of insert "bubbles", "blobs" and "splats" to blend it in. I really like the effect.

As for blending. I'm also trying to learn to blend contrasting colors well so they look good even though you can see the colors. I would prefer not dithering but I want to know how you can shape your shades into forms that look nice when with contrastnig colors.

Thank you for you time and help me out if you can. :)
You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Re: Dithering/Blending

Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 08:45:45 am
you try it and try it and try it again, until you are finally satisfied wit a result.

http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=2008.0
untz untz untz?