AuthorTopic: Cyberpunk pixels  (Read 12845 times)

Offline Bo

• View Profile

Re: Cyberpunk pixels

Reply #20 on: November 24, 2005, 06:37:14 pm
*cough* robocop *cough*

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #21 on: November 24, 2005, 07:27:59 pm
It just looked so exact. IP was the first place I had ever seen an intro like that and the title was so similar I had to say something.  I'm taking your word for it this time, but if I see a Master Chef or Gordon Freeguy I'm gonna have to take you down.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 07:36:29 pm
Cut scene still (another version of this image is used in a cyberpunk platformer I'm working on with some friends):

er....is anybody else getting a strange sense of deja vu in here?
Anyways. Thought I'd post a screengrab from the platformer. Note that the "enemy(blue guy)" is just the player sprite in a different color atm.

well, I guess that friend who you're making the cyberpunk platformer is acke....you could've just told us "hey btw, this is the same bacgkground acke is using in his platformer topic"

Man, Like you have yourself admitted, you have to work on your character art, it is looking quite generic right now, but I got no doubt you can do that, because like a good musician you've got a really good sense of atmosphere going on in those cutscenes.

the tileset....it has a strangely makeshift look right now, it's like it was made by a completly diferent person because...it's just got no atmosphere at all :p the gray parts are too gray, and the red is too red heh, I think it'd look a lot better if you integrated the hues of eachother a little more, and it really does show you need to learn a sense of depth. I dont think I can show you that though...atleast not in a single crit, maybe we'd have to get on an IM app and talk about it see if I can help you out :p

Offline Oz

• Ginga!
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: November 24, 2005, 08:15:45 pm
Camus,

Yeah, I mentioned further down the thread that we used the city scape image in the cyberpunk platformer, but I included a link to Acke's post to avoid confusion (hehe, although I think Acke should have tagged the background as mine in HIS post ;)). Depth yes, definitely something I would like to learn to achieve in pixeling. Lighting also. I'm still a rookie, and I'm not pixeling regularly, just from time to time, so there is obviously a lot to learn. Thanks for the crit!

And oh yeah, feel free to contact me on ICQ (116401400) if you have any tips or tutorials you think I might benifit from!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 08:49:39 pm by Oz »
Diversity is divine!

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #24 on: November 25, 2005, 06:12:33 am
Dreamweb, along with Captain Blood are two of my favourite adventure games. On the whole though, your tileage is too dark. You could up the contrast a little and retain the same mood, more or less.

Give us a few assembled tiled backgrounds to see how everything meshes.

Offline Oz

• Ginga!
    • View Profile

Reply #25 on: November 25, 2005, 06:36:05 am
Dreamweb, along with Captain Blood are two of my favourite adventure games. On the whole though, your tileage is too dark. You could up the contrast a little and retain the same mood, more or less.

Give us a few assembled tiled backgrounds to see how everything meshes.

Good idea Helm. I'll see what I can do!
Diversity is divine!