AuthorTopic: [WIP] Catgirl  (Read 2435 times)

Offline blop

• View Profile

[WIP] Catgirl

on: August 05, 2020, 08:18:34 pm
Hello, I'm looking for feedback on this drawing I'm working on. Mainly, is there anything big that I should fix now instead of later?

I drew the lines at a larger scale and resized them, so I'm cleaning them up and coloring them as I go. Are the outlines are too light or dark?

Offline SeDiceBisonte

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/209146.htm
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Catgirl

Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 10:50:10 am
I don't have time to do an edit, but there a couple of points I hope might help.

The neck is very long and thin. I know we're dealing with a manga/anime style, so the anatomy isn't going to be completely realistic, but I think you could actually reduce the length by half and it'd look a lot more natural.

I'd also be inclined to reduce the amount of head above the eyes a little bit. If this were in a realistic style, I'd say that the eyes should go on the halfway point on the head. Googling different anime styles shows that there's a bit of variation, so you don't need to go for the exact halfway point necessarily, but the top of her head looks unnaturally large to me.

One final thing is the shape of the forearms. I'd bulk them out just below the elbow. I'd say that's particularly important given the position of the far arm (her right, our left) since, without the shape of the muscle (I want to say it's the brachioradialis that particularly gives it the distinctive shape, but I'm not an anatomy expert), it's a little difficult to understand which way round she's holding her arm.

I'm looking forward to seeing the next iteration of this. I really like the outfit, and your shading on the top is looking great so far  :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 10:53:24 am by SeDiceBisonte »

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 05:54:42 am
Anatomy-wise, the only thing I notice is she has a boney butt.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline blop

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 08:37:08 am
SeDiceBisonte: Thanks for all the tips! Yeah, I think I went too far with the proportions. I added some shading and your suggestions, but I'll probably have to go back to that whole arm.

Rydin: Thanks! Yeah, I wanted to draw a character whose gender is ambiguous. But I might crop out her bottom half anyways.

Offline SeDiceBisonte

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/209146.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 10:18:47 am
Those proportions look a lot better. Your fabric shading continues to be excellent!