AuthorTopic: Mutant soldier! From a lineart by Souly  (Read 7086 times)

Offline Frankiesmileshow

• blargh
    • View Profile
    • Frankie Smile Show

Mutant soldier! From a lineart by Souly

on: September 18, 2007, 10:26:50 pm
Souly's lineart:

My pic so far:

Its not gross enough yet! I want real gross. Help appreciated.

I think i'm going to throw in an EGG SAC or something fucked up like that. I WANT IT TO PULSATE!

Also if you want to make your own pic out of his wunderbar lineart, post it here or somethin'!
shlong

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Re: Mutant soldier! From a lineart by Souly

Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 10:28:12 pm
Have I told you how much I love you?  :'(

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 10:42:06 pm
So guys, I heard in this topic was awesomeness.

If you want gore, a good topic to get some would be from Arachne's thread with the weird woman body.

Right now though, I'd suggest more entrails and blood, since it is lacking in a certain amount of red. :D
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline Frankiesmileshow

• blargh
    • View Profile
    • Frankie Smile Show

Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 10:57:46 pm
nah, I wasnt really thinking blood and stuff, just a gross creature... but its an idea...

Maybe Ill make the helmet cracked, a pulsating brain showing through...
maybe ill place the crack so that its only seen when the head is at a certain angle, so it makes for a kind of shock...

Of course there will be an eye in that brain too! Nothing better than white blinking eyes at awkward places!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:59:46 pm by Frankiesmileshow »
shlong

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 11:19:48 pm
Hey, I just noticed that there already are creepy crawlies in his pants, which I was going to suggest! ;D

Umm, how about sewage stuff dripping from the gun? With so much crawlies, there should be drips too.

Let's see... Why don't you add the pupils to the blinking eyeballs, maybe two or three of them?
I see that there is something pumping through his gas mask thing, but it's pumping it out, so why no fumes coming out from the mouth too?

You're one of the nest animators I've seen, and they're great eye candy too! :D
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 11:40:26 pm
To make it more gross, the first thing I thought was to add slime--preferably green :P...but I guess any color--from the tentacles all over the handles of the gun, and dripping to the floor and stuff.
And while you're at the gun...I don't want to complain, but its a very plain gun.  Yes, it is true that you can go overboard...but it really feels like it is lacking....I'd say at the very least, add in the hand grip under the barrel for his right hand....tentacle. (see this if you need.  ;))
The other thing I wanted to point out, is when he looks to his right, and his body goes down...its like the top-half of his body cuts into his chest--I think what would actually happen is that guts/cable (what ever it it, lol) would push the other stuff aside, not just make it disappear.
And I guess the only other minor thing I have to say, is that when the air pumps into the mask, the bulge the mask makes is barely visible--I didn't see it until I zoomed way in.

But other than that stuff, this looks bad-ass   :yell: :y:...I can't wait to see this when it's all done and grossed-ified to the max.

EDIT:
I just saw that the gun looks like it's bent when it's facing down...the angle of the front part of the gun doesn't match the angle of the back part---might want to keep that in mind...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 11:42:30 pm by Rydin »
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Stwelin

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 01:24:38 am
When he turns toward the viewer, his head's volume seems to shift. It's obviously just the result of rough select->drag->redraw animation, and i'm not saying that it's a bad approach, but i think more attention should be paid to what volumes first frame suggests, and how it would change in such a rotation. Right now it looks as though the head gets thinner, and then just turned as if projected on a flat plane, with minor shifts, it sort of ruins the organic feeling of all the other subtle motion.

Needs more polish, but i'm digging the whole thing quite a lot. Souly's lines are perfect material for your ambitious animation endeavors.

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 01:18:45 pm
This is beautiful... tears flowing. If you want to make him more gross, an octopus-like blow hole/nostril would put him right over the edge.
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline Frankiesmileshow

• blargh
    • View Profile
    • Frankie Smile Show

Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 08:59:00 pm

New version with more pulsation and ugliness. Adding some more, to make the whole guy spasming
shlong

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 10:51:24 pm
See those eye/bulb things? Grossness would approach maximum if you made those bulge out some and then return to normalcy.

Aside from that I can't really say much--your pixel skills are great as usual and your animation skills are even better. Except, maybe, the purple that's one shade beneath the green might be a bit too dark.